Forums

0 sounds
    3 posts

Thanks guys!

Honestly, I did not expect this post to come to anything, and it makes me feel guilty about never getting 'round to posting anything to the site wootops: . So, I'm gonna upload some stuff today!

Thanks again, and thanks to Bram and everybody here at freesound for the incredible site and community!

0 sounds
    215 posts

sure,

the final project name will be wav2ctd

for now it seem to work
    but I don"T know
    what is your freq reference
    to calc your freq step coef

cool

4677 sounds
    376 posts

Thanks to all for the kind words, I am glad it helps in finding sounds. I know that sometime when I come across that gem of a sample it's like finding a musical crack rock in the carpet fibers, good times! I am buidling an outline in my head for a sequel, maybe I'll post it in the next few days, I'll let you know when I do.

Cheers... the show

0 sounds
    4 posts

Yep, looks nice, but, as usual, Roland (Edirol) wants too much for it ($800 list !!??).

Why would we spend $800 list when we can buy the Fostex MR8 MKII for $300, or the original MR8 for even less?! I read the specs on the R-44, and watched a NAMM video demo done by a Roland guy, and I don't see any feature besides maybe the sync capability (to use 2 R-44's as a single 8-track), and the High Capacity SD memory card capability, that would make it worth buying. Plus, that HC SD card capability is geared towards recording whole songs, i.e. an hour or two of time.....so do we need all that for sound-capture, for $700 or $800 ?

Plus, I keep my MR8 in a foam-lined, semi-indestructable (hard-shell) briefcase, where just opening the lid allows me access to all needed recording controls and jacks (except On/Off on the back)....so I don't have to remove it from the case to record.....all controls are on the top-face of the unit......

...on the R-44, Inputs are on the side, and Level controls are on the front, so it has to be removed from any case before operation. When Field recording, being able to use the unit within it's case is my preference. They'll probably come out with some sort of soft case with flaps that open up on the front and side, but a "case" like that doesn't offer the protection mine does.

But, at least they're paying attention to our market smile

Stenn

185 sounds
    79 posts

Really enjoyed doing the project. For the rest of you, here's one of the finised products.

http://www.mikevendetti.com/images/Goodnight_6_with_LP.mp3

Need a VO? Email me, and I'll see what I can do. I need to build a portfolio.

Thanks for the opportinity DJ.

Mike

10 sounds
    7 posts

snapper seems to be mac only and aside, it seems only to be a (very nicely) extended preview pane. I am looking more for a database kind of thing, similar to the software that freesound is running on but with the advantages of direct access to the audio files, which is the ability of directly accessing markers in any position of the audio file.

0 sounds
    16 posts

Hey everyone i am a new producer n onli have been using ableton 7 and reason 3

the problem is the pc i am using stops me from doing alot of things because it carnt handle som aplcations, it was bought in 2001 i have updated it but its not very helpful for music production as i carnt open certain vst's in ableton

i produce speed garage well i try lol

i want to no if i shud get an apple mac so i can buy logic pro because meny people are using this for speed garage i have seen som of their labs and most of them nearly all of them have logic running in the background, i hav never used it and never used a mac so it will take a lot of time to get used to, or shud i jus get a better pc i really want to try logic pro it seems like the one to have dus ay1 have pro tools, wots is it like help me decide thanks

62 sounds
    9 posts

I have a few tune ups i'll upload tomorrow. More than audience noise they have the choir coughing, which could be taken as their form of tuning... :wink:

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi

I have a 2-3 min film clip of people using an interactive digital installation in a public space. I'd really like a background sound to it that is has some kind of beat or rhythm even if it is not very defined or strong, but that overall doesn't really build up to anything or have any 'events' if you know what i mean. Other than that I'm open to what kind of sound or feel it should have.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have been looking for about 3 hours on here now and have not found what I am looking for but there is so much good stuff on here I know there must be something right somewhere

thanks very much

toby

0 sounds
    1 post

Dribble,shoot,swish, so forth

thanks in advance

185 sounds
    79 posts

Here's a sample pack. See if anything works for you. I have it broken down to individual packs, but as a start this is all of them together.

http://0192bdf.netsolhost.com/images/D_J_Spyder_Pack.mp3

You can email me at miketheauctioneer@gmail.com if you want individual files, or for me to work on the existing ones. I put reverb on some of the samples, and others are flat.

Of course the accent may be wrong, but I had fun doing it.

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi not sure if anyone can help me, but I am a English DJ trying to set myself apart from the established DJs here in Ireland. I thought it would be really cool if I had some jingles to drop into my gigs. So could anyone do this little script for me?

"You've been listening to DJ Spider from Disco Royale. Available for birthdays, weddings, christmas and more. Check out our website at discoroyale.net for more info. Goodnight & safe home."

"This next mix is a DJ Spider exclusive"

"Playing your favourite songs from today and yesturday with DJ Spider"

"Visit our website at discoroyale.net, Disco Royale - Nobody does it better!"

"Disco Royale - Nobody Does It Better"

"The Name's Spider, DJ Spider" (In a Sean Connery type voice?)

If anyone could add funky music, sfx, sweeps whatever, then even better. Thanks in advance and I will try and return the favour!

DJ Spider

850 sounds
    73 posts

And there is already a preamp waiting for it:

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_products_quadmic.php

:lol:

606 sounds
    276 posts

afaict
    My first reaction: that and a core sound tetramic! mobile ambisonics.
    looks like an interesting recorder option, will it be < 1k $$ ?

Street price will be about $780 USD

14 sounds
    11 posts

My first reaction: that and a core sound tetramic! mobile ambisonics.
    looks like an interesting recorder option, will it be < 1k $$ ?

606 sounds
    276 posts

Just a note Edirol are in the process of launching a nice new 4 channel recorder, 2 sets of stereo mics on any given source sounds like a nice idea...

http://www.edirol.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=314&Itemid=438

http://www.dv247.com/assets/news/dv247/Edirol-R-44.jpg
    Edirol R-44 key features:

Lightweight 1.3kg compact body
    4 Channel Recording
    Solid-State field recorder
    Up to uncompressed 24-bit / 192 kHz linear PCM (Stereo)
    Selectable sample rates and bit depths
    On-board effects
    Supports SDHC large capacity media
    AA batteries for 4 hours of recording

Edirol R44 Solid-State Field Recorder Overview

The R44 is designed for professional use within a very conveniently sized package. It allows capture of up to 4 channels of uncompressed audio with selectable bit depths (16-bit or 24-bit) and sampling frequencies (44.1kHz/48kHz/88.2kHz/96kHz). The Edirol (by Roland) R44 employs SD cards or large capacity SDHC cards as the recording media. No moving parts enables the most silent and reliable operation possible.

Although the R44 from Edirol (Roland) is compact, all the necessary functions are included. Built-in high quality microphones and speakers make recording and monitoring without external devices possible.

A Pre-Record function on the Edirol R44 ensures you never miss that important moment again as it buffers input signals for a certain amount of time. When the REC button is pressed, the material from the previous few seconds (selectable) is included. This also helps reduce sound bites at the beginning of a recording by not having to start the recorder too early.

The Edirol R44 combo input jacks (4) supports the connection of both XLR and 1/4 inch plugs. XLR inputs are equipped with phantom power. Eleven steps of input sensitivity enable the connection of various devices with a variety of inputs levels from microphones to musical instruments. High quality analog circuitry in the preamp ensures superior recording results.

The high contrast, high response organic LED screen, viewable from wide angles ensures fluid operation in field recording situations. The high response of level meters makes precise level adjustments possible. All the necessary switches and knobs are located on the top and front panels. Self-lit buttons on all the key controls enable clear-cut recording operations.

The Control Sync terminal enables synchronized operation of 2 units. Control the second unit from the master by simply connecting two with a stereo mini cable. The master unit can remotely control REC standby, REC start and REC stop of the slave unit. This function enables 8-channel recording in a compact space and at an affordable price.

The Edirol R-44 from Edirol (Roland)can be mounted on computers with a simple USB 2.0 connection. It is seen as an USB storage device on a computer. You can copy data back and forth with a simple drag & drop operation.

The Edirol / Roland R44 can be operated with 3 types of power supply, AC adaptor, external battery and AA batteries. Four hours of operation is possible with NiMH or alkaline batteries (at 16-bit/44.1kHz stereo. No phantom power and pre-record disabled).

digifish

0 sounds
    3 posts

Thanks Bram, but like I said, I have checked the site, and already checked out the clips you point out-both have too much audience noise.

211 sounds
    32 posts

very interesting NoiseCollector. for an amateur like me, it is great help !!

0 sounds
    1 post

I can not listen or download mp3 files.
    As I want to download the file, I save the target as, I click ok... but the file is not saved...
    (I have no problem with aif or wav files...)

0 sounds
    3 posts

Actually it isn't against the CC license.... But "freesounds" uses a CC-samples license which makes it that way.

From what I see.

I am just asking this because it came to mind,
    What is the difference between "freesoundsproject" and any of the other numerous sites which say you can download and use "free", "royalty free" samples but then you find out that they limit you to where its not so free.
    If you REALLY want to make things free why no go the route of openclipart and just put it all out in the public domain?

I just don't see the difference.

Thanks
    Mike