Forums

121 sounds
    1552 posts

Hello,

for previews and waveform/spectral displays only, I was thinking of doing peak-to-0dbfs normalization on all files.

good idea?

advantage: it shows the waveform in moredetail for very silent sounds
    disadvantage: the previews could become more noisy for silent sounds

- bram

1366 sounds
    123 posts

CONGRATULATIONS - great news and I am really pleased. I will definitely be voting for you.

Come on freesounders - Johnnybrooch is a great supporter of freesound - let's all help her out.

One day when she is a big movie director she will remember us!!

121 sounds
    1552 posts

perhaps you should have a look at our latest blog item:

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/blog/

- bram

0 sounds
    5 posts

you should try realplayer, with that you can right-click and save as :?
    works with youtube on windows, dunno bout MacOs... worth a shot!

0 sounds
    1 post

I attempted to upload multiple sound files via ftp and the connection keeps stopping. I am using a cable modem that is normally fast. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi everyone, I love writing songs and I have various songs of different genres....How do I get hold of producers to publish my songs and most important how do I approach them. I do need the contact details of many of them so that I can approach them at large. I know that this is not easy …but I do have confidence in my lyrics and know that they have a chance.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

0 sounds
    5 posts

-3 to -8 db
    I think it the gear is very importent to the out come of an overload!
    As I record digital (sometimes 32bit), I experienced that a digital overload can be a killer to a take!!!
    I need the headroom, and boost the hell out of it later :lol:
    thanx

0 sounds
    1 post

Hey guys, I'm new to the site.I'm looking for samples of weather reports for a project that I'm doing.I would prefer them in spanish.Please, let me know what would be my best bet to go about that.

Thanks

1122 sounds
    402 posts

pannonica
    I can see that it's an oscillogram and that the upper part of it has been modified or tweaked, but is there any more specific information, some deeper meaning or symbolism?

THIS sound is FREE, it braves the rule of that there can be no two y-coordinates for one x-coordinate! Freedom! Freedom!

No seriously I have no idea. I think it's a nice toucht that the wave is non-standard though.

0 sounds
    1 post

Oh my god, this page is great, I found here everything. The search engine 077fffc69f75e2546a6d957035c9e089 is also good.

0 sounds
    1 post

I'm testing speaker quality for our media player through speakers on a cell phone.

This is my current setup:
    A space of 18inches between the cellphone and a decibel reader.
    I would measure the db level at the exact same start and end points of a song and then figure the average db level.

However, I started to think if I used a 1k tone (or something) I think I would have more accurate results without having such dynamtic results. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

15 sounds
    135 posts

I think there's a good chance it would fall under copyright violation. Its actually a curiosity myself I have with recordings of music boxes.(the windup things that play nice little mechanical music)

15 sounds
    135 posts

I think it would be trouble some as well because you say its "clearly identifiable"

If its minor background noise and there's other stuff going on it might be in the clear. I'm real unsure how films deal with these kinds of issues where something is shot and there is background music that they might not even be able to truly control. I guess it has to do with whether it is not really the emphasis of the recording.

3121 sounds
    481 posts

Reading this article about walruses ( http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/20/science/20walrus.html ), I was surprised to learn that they can be very musical. Noise from walruses anyone? Please?

D

3121 sounds
    481 posts

Thank you, this knife sharpener: http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=20302
    , makes no SPAM and sounds better

0 sounds
    1 post

DMT’s products are known for their superior quality and versatility, are easy to use and allow for sharpening in a fraction of the time required by other methods. dmtsharp.com is popular with woodworkers, chefs and gardeners and in the kitchen because they are lightweight and portable.
    I use the diamond technology to sharpen knives,tools & gardening tools....what type of sharpening tools do you use? Please let me know..... :lol:

975 sounds
    145 posts

HeadRoom,

Hmmm Screw it 6db + and for the Deaf 10!

You can always compress and turn down the volume now can't you?

0 sounds
    20 posts

I made it to the finals!!!!

I have no idea how as there were so many good videos! maybe just the very idea or interpretation of the topic was good, but nonetheless now the voting takes place smile

If anyone liked my work, and would like to vote for me , I would be honored. Wining a tuition to Vancouver Film School would be a huge adventure!

all you have to do is have a youtube account and go to : http://www.youtube.com/user/VancouverFilmSchool
    and watch the winning 10 videos on their channel - mine is near the end and vote smile
    1vote every 24h smile

Thank you !

2 sounds
    11 posts

Bram
    it's probably your username...
    our FTP server does not like all special characters...
    I thought it would like [ and ] but... perhaps not.

let's see if we can change your username to something else and see if that helps.

send me an email via the contact form about what you would like to be called wink

- bram

Simply remove the [] mate, so my name is 'Mart1001', that's what I normally use on other forums that don't allow special characters.
    I'll mail you with this anyway.
    Cheers...

121 sounds
    1552 posts

it's probably your username...
    our FTP server does not like all special characters...
    I thought it would like [ and ] but... perhaps not.

let's see if we can change your username to something else and see if that helps.

send me an email via the contact form about what you would like to be called wink

- bram