Forums

4 sounds
    31 posts

hammerklavier
    Micro---check the Global Village uploads..

I've already checked it - but I haven't found anything more appropriate than you, truly. No Irish and no Scots, for God's sake, at such international project..
    If not Irish or Scottish, can I at least find anyone who speaks Cockney? Probably not - the search is silent - that's what makes collaboration impossible..
    Anyway, thanks for paying attention - I appreciate your concern.

851 sounds
    73 posts

The Zoom H2 internal 4-mic capsule allows for several different polar patterns which, combined with its signal-processing capabilities, give the H2 the ability to record 4-channel data that can be authored into 5.1 surround.

These tracks are stored in one folder and in that there are two stereo recordings, one of the front and one of the rear microphones. These tracks are then called, for example, SR001F and SR001R.

Well, and sometimes these need some cutting, becuse if I start the recording and walk from the recorder, I don´t want my steps to be heard.

So is there a programm for just that task, which makes shure, that the two stereotracks are still parallel?

On my first recordings : http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=43722
    and http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=43723 you can hear me at the beginning and things like that shouldn´t be there.

0 sounds
    1 post

How about 'Freesound, Echoes of freedom' (or the catchy Freesound EOF for short).

Kinda has a post apocalyptic/neo futurist vibe to it I think, and fits in with ting's being free, public and for all smile

My two cents anyway.

1120 sounds
    402 posts

Hi, http://pdsounds.org will probably shut down ( http://www.pdsounds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32 ) and when you introduce the public domain as a copyright status option, it would be good to import the 350 sounds which are there. The files are already tagged, so it would be cool if these could be preserved and imported automatically, without having to upload them and describing them manually.

If it is possible to auto-import or directly infuse into the database, tell us what you need. For example, would you be able to make use of a zip, which contains all the sound files and a text file, in which every odd-numbered line contains a file name and the next line contains it's tags, separated by commas?

If there are Drupal/SQL-know-hows around, maybe you could point me to some sql-tables-to-text exporter or something like that?

If there is no way of doing this, Stephan said that he would be able to slowly import all the files, I would help him, maybe some others too. So if you're afraid of breaking your database, we'll find a way.

1120 sounds
    402 posts

I'm glad you're finally doing this! smile

4 sounds
    31 posts

No Scots and no Irish here? Sad sad

0 sounds
    1 post

First time poster here, long time browser, love the site and sounds you have all created. Anyways looking for a pack of aahs (having a tough time searchin for them). I found the dramatic aahs, but am still looking for more to create a cinematic intense effect with my videos. Any other packs around that I'm just not seeing?

thanks in advance!

Chris

0 sounds
    24 posts

Bram
    Actually I'm from Belgium, so I /chound/ a bit like /thish/: Kermit /de/ /Froh/.

- bram

Like to hear what you got if this okay with everybody else (hehe).

0 sounds
    24 posts

Connum
    I can do a Kermit voice... But although I studied English for 3 semesters, I fear that you might hear a slight German accent! wink

Okay I just got done listening but your mimic pitch w/tones resemble more like miss piggy can do that one instead? Like me know where to send the script to.

0 sounds
    24 posts

Hey thanks! But I haven't gave you a script to read lol. grin

0 sounds
    10 posts

hello guys...just a silly question; does it accept line-level input/s or is it purely mic-level? i'm thinking of getting one from b&h once it arrives this april. i couldn't find any specs of it accepting line-level. 800USD isn't bad for a 4-track recorder. i sure hope that it can accept line-level though.

thanks!

mark

2 sounds
    62 posts

In my Opera browser there's a little box that appears over the Freesound link - 'Have you freed your sound today?'

Something along those lines. It's the coolest. All the sounds we can hear are waiting to be recorded, reconsidered and SHARED!

0 sounds
    1 post

how about operation hearing aid. or audioassist, or a diffeent combination of the two like audio-aid?

0 sounds
    3 posts

Hi me too I'm a newbie grin
    Some french here? I have a school level of english... But it's a cool site, very usefull!

0 sounds
    3 posts

It's difficult to explain... I need a voice who say something with an intonation special, like an introduction, only the voice.
    You can asimilate that like the man who presents the circle you know?

I searched but I didnt find the good words, can you help me, pleaase?

(My english is awfull sorry, :roll: )

85 sounds
    73 posts

IANAL, but I would say it's not in conflict - as long as they do not in any case cut away the credits in which you listet the sample authors.

85 sounds
    73 posts

Yes, it's my voice! happy Glad you like it...
    I'll post it now on FSP!

\edit:
    here you are:
    http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=49018

smile

0 sounds
    1 post

hi there, i just stumbled across this website and already a huge fan of it, although still not quite clear on its legal bit.

i am currently planning a short movie for a competition and i would love to include some sounds i found on this website in my soundtrack.
    It is a totally non- commercial competition, however the initiator bring out a 'best of' dvd each year that they are selling to fund the competition and do screenings whenever they can. I am asked to sign following legal bit on submission and I wonder if it is in any way in conflict with the rules of this site. Any help would be really appreciated!

legal bit:

“as the director and producer submitting the above straight 8 film, i own
    all the rights to the film and can show it anywhere i want to after its first
    straight 8 public showing if it is selected
    i also grant straight 8 productions non-exclusive rights to show the
    above straight 8 film, if they choose to do so, anywhere on any format at
    any time in the future under the banner of straight 8 including but not
    limited to the following: straight 8 events, straight 8 screenings at other
    events, straight 8 website or podcasts, straight 8 showtapes, straight 8
    branded dvds, straight 8 tv programmes or features within other tv
    programmes, straight 8 'channels' within other websites, podcasts
    i warrant that i am entitled to assign these rights for all contributors to
    my film. i and all actors and crew appearing in or involved in the making
    of my film have completely released all rights to me for use with the film
    wherever and whenever it is shown and as detailed here
    all composers and performers (and publishers if relevant) of any part of
    the film’s soundtrack - as detailed on the accompanying music cue sheet
    - have completely released all rights to me for use with the film wherever
    and whenever it is shown and as detailed here”

0 sounds
    6 posts

awesome man thanks a bunch!

cool voice aswell if its your own smile

absolutely ideal

i love freesoundproject

85 sounds
    73 posts

As I am in a hurry now, this is just a quick upload!
    If you like it, I will release it under CC here on freesound!

http://constantinmedia.com/audio/hugme_test.mp3
    (now only for demo, not released under CC)