Forums

17 sounds
    224 posts

Hmmm you should post this in the Sample Requests section

17 sounds
    224 posts

You're talking about the shower scene? If yes I could do it for you.

121 sounds
    1544 posts

if you are talking the really old Mortal Kombat Games...
    Its not Copy righted anymore, unless its used in the Newer movies/Games..

this is incorrect. copyright doesn't just stop working because something is old. most copyright is valid until 50 after the creators death.

- bram

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi! Is there someone who can help me find a voice who saying something like this: Heres comes the man, the myth...
    It´s to a show before I start to sing!

Thanx!

0 sounds
    35 posts

pcaeldries
    Now there's a challenge. Feel like coming along I do not know the space you will be recording in but I expect it wil be highly reverberant. So you'll be recording in what is called a "diffuse field" with sound coming from every direction at the same time (after a while, depending on the reverb times). Typically the frequency response pattern of microphones changes drastically in the diffuse field. Drastic high frequency (5000Hz+) roll off is wat is seen. Intuitively I think I would go for a stereo recording with omni mics in a Jecklin Disc setup. Or use a dummy head with e.g. DPA 4060 mics. Seems to me this would counter the negative effects of the diffuse field (?). To be researched. A microphone with presence boost response pattern would be what I am looking for. Gefell have a microphone, the M960 which they market as being designed to capture "diffuse field" sound. I also suspect the positioning of the microphone will be of critical importance: hanging down from the ceiling, on a stand ? I would go for as high up from the floor as possible in order to avoid floor reflections. Maybe test using a carpet under the stand?

Keep us posted here smile

--Peter

Thank you very much for the reply Peter. I know its going to be hard because indeed the place is totally reverberant.
    I would like to avoid use the Jecklin disk setup. The best from what you said is to go with the 2 DPA 4060's. I guess this is something interesting. The positioning of the microphone is highly important and as you guess i am going to try hang down the mic from the ceiling in order to capture the sound. But there inside there is a balcony across from the place i am going to put the speakers.
    Maybe a photo would be helpfull...
    How could i position the 2 mini mics if finally i do it with them?
    The main thing for me since i am not professional and my financial abilities are not that big, is to buy something that i am going to use it in several field and other recordings in the future. I am about to get the rode NT4. Do you think this would do the job for this project?
    Its going to be difficult, i am still looking for a licencse to get inside there ( priests think i am crazy smile ) , but i suppose its going to be worth it.
    Your help is warm appreciated.
    thanx again

5 sounds
    130 posts

cool...thx

tro

36 sounds
    215 posts

Irothtin
    I need the sound effect from the Mortal Kombat games...where Dan Forden's head pop's out and says,
    "Toasty!"

Are you sure that there is in the number one,
    because for now I only found it in the number 2 sad

0 sounds
    1 post

Wish I read this few years back. I used to pit crew for a jet funny car. I know what your talkin' about though... I love that sound.

0 sounds
    17 posts

i was wondering is there a free program for mastering ....

everything i make doesnt sound well so i read on internet about mastering is there any free program i can use for this?

(thx for understanding ,bad english tongue )

36 sounds
    215 posts

I think you"r right cool ,
    but not sure

Read that about:
    http://www.midway.com/page/LegalInformation.html

I found the number 2 and 3 but not the first in the list...

Else consider that sound illegal to use
    and send me an private message,
    I will put it anywhere else for now :twisted:

4 sounds
    6 posts

Thank you sir. grin

1134 sounds
    284 posts

Dolf, if you write it down in Dutch I'll translate.

2 sounds
    3 posts

I've been trying to find a Psycho violin sound, like in the Hitchcock film.
    If I were I violinist, I would create it for what I'm doing then upload it to Freesound. Sadly I'm not, so I can't.

Alternatively if I had an amazing orchestral library like this (http://www.soundsonline.com/EWQLSO-Platinum-Bundle-pr-EW-155PROB1.html) and had the skill to use it, I would do that. Again I am lacking on both counts smile

I suppose the classic Psycho violin effect is a few Violinists playing together. At least it sounds like more than one violin to me.
    Maybe something similar is here in the database somewhere, but I couldn't spot it.

I may be able to buy an effect, but I've noticed that a lot of the online sound effect libraries have annoying clauses. Also, so far I've managed to only use sounds from Freesound and things I have recorded myself, and I would be nice to keep it that way.

77 sounds
    35 posts

Now there's a challenge. Feel like coming along I do not know the space you will be recording in but I expect it wil be highly reverberant. So you'll be recording in what is called a "diffuse field" with sound coming from every direction at the same time (after a while, depending on the reverb times). Typically the frequency response pattern of microphones changes drastically in the diffuse field. Drastic high frequency (5000Hz+) roll off is wat is seen. Intuitively I think I would go for a stereo recording with omni mics in a Jecklin Disc setup. Or use a dummy head with e.g. DPA 4060 mics. Seems to me this would counter the negative effects of the diffuse field (?). To be researched. A microphone with presence boost response pattern would be what I am looking for. Gefell have a microphone, the M960 which they market as being designed to capture "diffuse field" sound. I also suspect the positioning of the microphone will be of critical importance: hanging down from the ceiling, on a stand ? I would go for as high up from the floor as possible in order to avoid floor reflections. Maybe test using a carpet under the stand?

Keep us posted here smile

--Peter

12 sounds
    57 posts

I recored a Sine sweep, in a basement with my Cellphone and it actually worked quite good, considering the quality of the CellPhone..
    Which Is the best I really dont know.. But try it out with different Mics you have, if you have some.. before buying a totally new one..

12 sounds
    57 posts

if you are talking the really old Mortal Kombat Games...
    Its not Copy righted anymore, unless its used in the Newer movies/Games..

12 sounds
    57 posts

Okeey im gonna try in my best German, and in English woot hehe

Ehm.. du show mich die film mit ein example weird

I suck at german LOL

Do you know a film where it "happens" or a Theatre you could link us to as an example? smile

0 sounds
    35 posts

Hi all.
    I am going to make recordings of frequencies (sine tones, sawtooth, broen noise etc...) in a church which is built in a rock.
    Can somebody suggest me some microphone(s) or production technics?
    I am thinking of recording it by using one microphone but i dont know which one to buy.
    The room is not like a normal church its just the rock with no arcitectural built up.

So which microphone would help on that? Any ideas?

Thanx for reading

4 sounds
    6 posts

So I'm gonna assume that the street fighter sounds would be copywritten as well. Right ??

0 sounds
    2 posts

an artist walking on a rope above the ground. Don't now in english.