Forums

211 sounds
    32 posts

HammerKlavier, thanks for your reply, Both, Spanish and English. I think it is great to have you at FreeSound, your efforts to respond, in the natural language of others freesounders, is very much appreciated.
    well…my post is not meant to open a discussion about Karl´s sayings, nor even accidents of any kind, but to propose a subject to discuss ideas, feelings, thoughts, at the matter of sounds concern, as a result of our actions.
    Ayrton Sennas´s thoughts about sounds (specially car-races ones), were very criticized by organizers, TV-broadcasters, sport mates, because, he was concerned about their impact, not only at the environment, but also at the people attending to car-races.
    So, what I take of Senna´s thought are
    1-what is our responsibility, as humans beings, about the sounds/noises? (it is said that, noise, is “any undesired sonorous signal”) we make, into an open environment/crowd?
    2-how, those sounds, are enriched or impoverished, by explaining/teaching, people the proper way to “listen” to them. ej: the use of ear protection (at a RaceTrack), the way to broadcast “on-board” takes, etc
    3-the most important quote: How we play/reproduce them (sounds) NOT meaning to make them pretty or attractive, but realistic and representative of that sport, beyond people liking or disliking them.

0 sounds
    5 posts

I mean a wide fast low vibrato and have since the post have found some good stuff at the Philharmonia Sound Exchange site
    http://www.philharmonia.co.uk/thesoundexchange/sound_samples/sample_libraries/phrases/. They have a great range of orchestral samples, notes and phrases. Thanks for the prompt to look further afield.

185 sounds
    79 posts

Hi Flauschball,

Email me some copy at info@mikevendetti.com I'm fairly good at voices, and I'll send a couple of samples for you to check out.

0 sounds
    3 posts

Hi everyone!

Currently I'm working on a short movie. The graphical material is almost done, and I also have most of the required soundeffects. But I need some voice recordings. And that's where you guys come into play! smile

I need some male voice recordings in english. A japanese accent would be great, but it's not necessary.

I think the text which needs to be recorded is a bit too long to post it here, so if you are interested, I would send you the text.

Thank you in advance,

Fabian

482 sounds
    137 posts

Nice and jammy!

185 sounds
    79 posts

H.K.

This is an interesting thread, and I hope people continue to contribute. As a musician, you no doubt are able to pick up reginal nuances in the language, which are not as pronounced now as they were several years ago.

I hope folks will continue to post even though thier native language has been posted. Great to hear the difference.

Also would be intresting to hear some Asian Voices. I read a while back that Vietnamese because they speak a tonal language are able to recognize variations in tones that a typical Westerner would not recognize.

103 sounds
    195 posts
    Hi

yes, great music! benvenuto = welcome Chris!
    "ear to the rail" is grande, now I'm listening "castles made of sand" and there's a brand new world in my ears.

1366 sounds
    123 posts

Welcome to freesound!

121 sounds
    1545 posts

suoitnop,

it depends a bit on the amount of music you can year... if it's loud and you can clearly hear the songs, and identify them easily, it's a bad idea to upload...

then again, you could upload and have a moderator check it out.

hardpcm: please stop using large fonts. Bold is ok, but no font=24 please. it just makes people think you are shouting!

- bram

0 sounds
    1 post

salut smile

1366 sounds
    123 posts
    Hi

Welcome to freesound Chris - I am sure we can look forward to some great sounds as your music is absolutely first class.

63 sounds
    8 posts

Hey,
    I am a new member here and just finished a composistion where I used quite a few samples from the site.
    The tune is called "ear to the Rail" and you can find it on my myspace page:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=120031158

Here is a list of the user names of whose samples I used:
    ERH
    stomachache
    bgygi
    Jimmy60
    LS
    hanstimm
    Kwazi
    JimPurbick
    corsica
    connum
    Krlox
    offthesky
    Halleck

Thanks to all the folks whose samples I used.......
    A special thanks to ERH who I found thru myspace and freesound then thru him (and also for his fantastic sounds!)
    If anyone would want specific minute marks where there sample occurs and which I used I would be happy to supply them.

best

chris ...aka.... sub-d

63 sounds
    8 posts
    Hi

Hey,
    I am new here and got here via a myspace connection with sinu spiral aka ERH. I have already finished my first piece that uses some freesound samples and will post it in the appropriate forum here. I am really happy to have found this place as both a recource and a place to hang with like and not so alike minded musos.

best

Chris Taylor aka sub-d

185 sounds
    79 posts

Hey D,

Glad the cast liked it. Break a leg!

16 sounds
    48 posts

Hi, guys,

Just wanted you to know I used our "Railroad People" recording in rehearsal yesterday and all the actors were ooohing and ahhhing over it. They're like, "Who was that? Where'd you get those?"

I proudly referred them to Freesound. smile

0 sounds
    215 posts

NO, because you just copy an commercial product with some stuff added.
    This is fully incompatible with the CC licence.

But if you can up load the parts where there is nothing commercial,
    for instance, when there the radio is mute between two song.

140 sounds
    17 posts

What do you mean by 'sawing'? do you mean tremelo? there are many tremelo sample sets commercially available.

19 sounds
    1 post

I kind of think it isn't, but I thought I'd post. I have a good recording of a bar crowd, with some interesting outbursts, transactions, etc. There is, however, a jukebox playing obviously copyrighted material. Can I post this sound on Freesound?

121 sounds
    1545 posts

of course even better would be if you would commit all changes and improvements to the subversion repository wink

if you want I can give you commit-access. (do you have experience with svn?)

- bram

0 sounds
    6 posts

Such a good news tongue

I'm really enthousiastic about it, it's a exciting project.

Please let us know.
    grin