Forums

0 sounds
    1 post

Medical Tourism & Dental Tourism portal (www.healism.com) is seeking students to help translate large volumes of blogging and article content. If you know about medical tourism in countries like India, Thailand, or Argentina, and you are fluent in Spanish, French, Chinese, Korean, Russian, Japanese, German, or Arabic, we can use your services.

Each batch of 500 words pays $10. Please send in CVs and writing samples if you’d like to help www.healism.com spread the word about health vacations and the growing medical tourism industry. If interested, please email georgetharlowe (at mark) gmail (dot) com.

121 sounds
    1545 posts

yeah, that could have been it...

- bram

136 sounds
    26 posts

So what sound(s) are you going to use? Just curious ; there are some sounds in freesound that would make great ringtones.

0 sounds
    14 posts

gezortenplotz
    I used them during a recording studio seminar and sound engineers thought I was listening to the ballgame. It was a small ethical violation, but I had paid for the seminar and didn't pass the recording around. It was my way of taking notes; I mean how do you write down a demonstration of a sound quality that you're supposed to remember?

While just having mics in my ears doesn't allow me to turn down the outside world (while turning up the music or a phone call), what you've done with the binaural mics precisely addresses what I want this project to expose: do you own what you hear? And what if we had perfect memory, would our memories then be illegal? Because someday soon, constant video and audio recording about our person will be simple, cheap, and nearly invisible. What then? Do we turn our senses off when we walk into a WalMart?

44 sounds
    19 posts

This is 'sort of' a solution to what you want to do, I think. The problem is that it lacks the monitoring capability you're looking for.

I have a pair of these soundprofessionals 'in ear' microphones and they totally look like you're just listening to your iPod or whatever, but you're recording. In fact, I used them during a recording studio seminar and sound engineers thought I was listening to the ballgame. It was a small ethical violation, but I had paid for the seminar and didn't pass the recording around. It was my way of taking notes; I mean how do you write down a demonstration of a sound quality that you're supposed to remember?

So check these URLs:

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?item=SP-TFB-2

http://www.microphonemadness.com/products/mmtrunathook.htm

29 sounds
    24 posts

Thank you, sir. We'll give it another go when I get a few minutes.

Andrew

Edit: I just had a thought. I used FTP to u/l these. It is likely that I forgot the "type binary" command. That might be a problem, no? If so, I must apologize for taking your time.

0 sounds
    2 posts

www.ojoo.com

free sound samples

P. ;8]

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hey There.
    I did some Kora samples and my friend clipped them up neatly and uploaded them to a site called Soundsnap. Here's the address. www.ojoo.com/search/audio/kora
    Hope this isn't sending you to the competition but creative commons seems like an open ethos.
    I'm new to this site and will hopefully upload them all here when I get chance.
    We did loads of instruments. There should be 21 strings from the Kora.
    if not let me know and I'll see if I can find em.....
    Best of luck.. paul.....

also there is a track on my myspace page
    that I did just using the samples we put on this site
    and the Kora is on there..... www.myspace.com/paulflute

cheers. p. ;9)

435 sounds
    137 posts

A theatre I'm associated with is putting on a production of Pygmalion shortly and I'd love to know what the quarter hour and half hour chime of the St Paul's Church in Convent Garden actually sounds like.

Assuming it still does it's chiming thing...

I hope someone responds by Monday the 22nd of October - or else I'll have to use some sort of bland, inaccurate and generic clock tower chime.

Please don't allow me to use something as inappropriate as the Westminster Chimes...

Thanks

Freq

0 sounds
    14 posts

Well, the iKEY Plus has been revealed as a mono recording device. I am returning mine as soon as I can. I am thinking of picking up the Zoom H-2. It costs $100 more, but I guess that's the price that we have to pay for true portable stereo MP3 recording (or buy two iKEY Plus---not).

0 sounds
    2 posts

You're the best! thanks for the help. I'll look around for one of my "geeky" friends:0)

0 sounds
    14 posts

I have heard from the manufacturer. The problem is not in my setup, nor in the mic jack, but the unit itself does not record in stereo---it is mono record only.

This is despite the fact that it writes 2-channel MP3s, AND includes a stereo microphone, AND includes dual-RCA jacks for line in. The product advertising is misleading, possibly deliberately.

I was told by the manufacturer that the packaging has been changed to reflect the mono capability, but I do not know when that change was affected.

I am attempting to return the item to Audio Max One. I should have bought the Zoom H-4.

121 sounds
    1545 posts

that entirely depends on your cellphone...

some cellphones have bluetooth which can be used to send files from and to a computer (if your computer has bluetooth, that is)

if not, you'll need a data cable to connect to your pc.

also, depending on the file, you'll need to convert the file to something that's compatible with your phone. On my phone (a Nokia) this is mp3 or wav.

the easiest is to find a geeky friend and ask "help!!" smile

- bram

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hi! can anybody tell me how to download one of these sounds to my cell phone? Thanks.

121 sounds
    1545 posts

hey andrew,

if this happened 99 out of 100 chances are that the sound has some kind of problematic header, or is broken before you upload it (but your editor fixes the problem for you so you don't see it)

Try loading the sound in a sound-editor and re-save it. Perhaps try converting to another format as well.

I'll delete the two you uploaded so you can re-upload.

cheers,

- bram, admin

1357 sounds
    123 posts

I have a pack of Police 2 way comms which might help as they are not all obvious police comms. I have many more of these I have not uploaded yet.

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/packsViewSingle.php?id=2107

Good hunting

ERH
    http://www.postimage.org/aV1qP8o9.jpg

0 sounds
    5 posts

im lookin for a ride or a cymbal you kno that be like "tsss" and also a short sound effect of people goin "ahh" like in the juvenile song set it off or like in the lil boosie song too much

17 sounds
    224 posts

Yeah it's because it's Irak in french and I guess in Romanian too

29 sounds
    24 posts

I just uploaded two files. For some reason, all they are is HORRIBLE NOISE. This is NOT what I uploaded. How can I delete or re-upload them??

help. :cry:

0 sounds
    1 post

The problem with real military radio chats is that they are scrabled and always need to be decoded.
    AND the real radio talk is always a slang that does not describe the true situation because of counter-spying of the radio. Therefore the "movie world" doesn't work for that.

So basically most of the radio chats you might like to get would be from games like the Day of Defeat, Counter-Strike, Americas Army Operations, Call of Duty... Some of the games have extremely good teamchat radios. Log on professional ventrilo channel with permission and load your stuff from there.

I hope this information was usefull.