Forums

0 sounds
    3 posts

ok I made some research...I watched some videos on youtube and i want that sound that the deejay is scratching if someone can help by maybe finding that sound or just the name (type)

thx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzNd933t0qg&feature=related listen carefully cuz ill change track (sound sample) so i want the first one not the "one yeeah".

yeah sorry for the english im also got some issue with that

wootops:

0 sounds
    3 posts

Im new to this im looking for good sounds sample to scratch

I want to practice my skills but I dont even know what sound I should have...

(basic samples would be nice...)

can u guys help me here ?

thx

1366 sounds
    123 posts

I found out at the weekend that the great composer and innovator Stockhausen died last week. If not for his influence and genius a lot of the ways in which music and sound are made and performed would not be available today. A great loss but a great life.

37 sounds
    86 posts

Thats a nutty idea, but nice.

37 sounds
    86 posts

Nothing relaxes me like good passionate sax.

0 sounds
    16 posts

easy mate i have some sounds i have a problem creating rythem in ma sound n keepin it goin get back at me 1

0 sounds
    1 post

glad I found you

26 sounds
    107 posts

I think this has been discussed before, but you should always upload very raw sounds, unless for a specific purpose. I would rather download a raw sound and fix it than download a sound that seems good, but is not. That said, not everybody uses "denoisers", so keep looking.

143 sounds
    26 posts

Thanks for the posts.

PIR2 - had a listen to your track - lovely smooth mix - cool vibe, definitely one for my collection! You make me sound like a master sax technician by speeding up my samples!!! if you get a chance, put a link to my website on that page - www.souzamusic.co.uk Re longer samples. Thee latest sample pack cam from the best bits of a long solo that I played. Think of them more as a construction pack. You can string them together and they should have some kind of continuity (just like you did on Nightshade). But if you have a track that you'd like me to put a solo on, send it tome 0- if I like it and get the time I'll do one specially!

Mark - sent you an email already, but thanks for the kind words - and I really like your contributions to Freesound too. Everyone, if you get the chance listen to Marks mixes of natural sounds a and classical piano - takes the music in a whole new direction. Very chill.

Cheers

Simon

0 sounds
    3 posts

:wink: Thanks to you Halleck ! grin I don't really understand everything you have wrote but you have listened the track and let a comment about it . So , thank you anyway ! grin

6 sounds
    2 posts

Both MOTU and Presonus have fantastic gear and, in my experience, are good companies to deal with. I've been in Pro Audio sales for about 3 years.

corkyg
    Thanks for the tips, guys. I also found that the MOTU 8pre will do the job via the 8 channel lightpipe output. The service folks at MOTU have also been pretty helpful answering my questions. Anyone out there have opinions on this company or this rig, also? THANKS! Corky

6 sounds
    2 posts

There's a rough taxonomy of time-stretching sounds in Ableton Live at Remixmag.com, some of the terminology is poorly chosen, and the prose ain't that sharp, but it was my first.

http://remixmag.com/mag/remix_learn_lesserknown_perks/

I'd love to hear if you try these techniques out!

Yours,
    V

0 sounds
    2 posts

Thanks for the tips, guys. I also found that the MOTU 8pre will do the job via the 8 channel lightpipe output. The service folks at MOTU have also been pretty helpful answering my questions. Anyone out there have opinions on this company or this rig, also? THANKS! Corky

0 sounds
    1 post

thanks

0 sounds
    1 post

Could someone post the sigh of a woman fainting? It should be loud at the beginning and very soft at the end (no need to thud smile ). Thank you so much in advance!!!

0 sounds
    6 posts

Or MARIAN ADCON if you want to use separate mic pres and it has (probably) better converters.

0 sounds
    6 posts

Looks like Earthworks Audio TC20

850 sounds
    73 posts

Could it be one of those?

http://www.thomann.de/gb/microphones_for_measurements.html :?:

0 sounds
    2 posts

The claymation clips are from Gumbasia, the first claymation Art Clokey did. A producer (I forget who) saw it and said he'd pay Clokey to do the same thing with characters instead of just shapes, and that was the beginning of Gumby!

433 sounds
    197 posts

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/DJ_Chronos/highdefinitionmic.jpg
    (the mic is on the left side of the screen. It looks like a large metallic pen)

I saw this picture on www.amontobin.com
    Tobin used microphones just like this for doing field recordings for his latest album "Foley Room".
    He basically went around and recorded anything that intrigued him, then massively tweeked them in his studio and made songs from the results.

If anyone knows what this microphone is, anything about it, or something similar to it then please post it here.