Forums

0 sounds
    1 post

Hello! i'm new here too! thought I'd nudge ya back! smile

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi everybody, i want to get sounds for flash web site. sounds like clicks and beeps.
    so, where can i download them from?
    Thanks
    Cheers
    Nick

434 sounds
    230 posts

Quick questio: How do you scratch it? What program are you using? Just curious.

0 sounds
    4 posts

I have the phrase "Is anybody there ?" as a ring sound on my mobile phone but I have no idea whether it has anything to do with "Back to the Future".

Paddy

0 sounds
    6 posts

Okay, I'm not mad (sort of) but:

I'm recording a hiphop spoof about a guy who looks like a MOLE,

Anyone feel like recording this sentince: "STOP PULLING THAT MOLE FACE!!!" ?
    Any funy, serious sexy style of voice would do, as I intend to scratch the sample on virtual vinyl

Thanks in advance!
    Alex

alkex.com

13 sounds
    1 post

Nice tunes, I agree with ERH, longer tracks would be great!
    I'm proud you used my drumsamples there that way, thanks man !

Any way to download your tracks NOT using "download helper" (firefox plugin) ?

Good luck

0 sounds
    6 posts

Dear kscanlon,

I must be making a mistake, I can't find the sound you uploaded, any ideas?
    Thanks so much for your contribution

Alex

434 sounds
    230 posts

Watch this video clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crfrKqFp0Zg Anyone who can locate / record similar samples, and prefered with not much reverb around.

85 sounds
    73 posts

some ideas for a codename:
    FSR, Freesound Reloaded
    FS2
    NewSound
    SecondSound

I like ashkanna's "Resound" as well!

0 sounds
    3 posts

I am having the same problem. Im using a mac with OSX. I can not figure out how to download the file.

0 sounds
    3 posts

sorry to post this. i didnt look before making a post. you can close this. sorry again.

0 sounds
    3 posts

Do these files save to a mac? Nothing is downloading. It is just going to a quicktime screen and the file plays but doesn't download.

0 sounds
    5 posts

Yes, that's what I'll have to do, ask a few members ahead of time to have permission to use samples from their lib.
    Anyway, nice batch of samples here!

0 sounds
    24 posts

We're looking for a sexy female voice for a Kanye West ft. dwele-flashing lights for a remake parody.

Here is the link for the female choir lines parts for the female vocals.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=j2LwKGnj-kc&feature=RecentlyWatched&page=1&t=t&f=b

Thank you!

26 sounds
    107 posts

Alright Guy, I guess then the best way for you to go about this is to find contributors who have a few samples you might eventually want to use, and forge some sort of deal with them beforehand. Unfortunately there's no really easy way to do all this. Good luck though!

36 sounds
    30 posts

Thanks... I'm uploading to Veoh Video now. Hope it stays awhile.

483 sounds
    140 posts

Good luck!

483 sounds
    140 posts

Firstly, as Sonic mentioned the pattern itself is key. You'll want to make them feel right with a quantization function. This, and multisamples, are especially important for rolls and ride patterns. I like to have at least two samples that are almost the same and alternate them when doin ratatat fills and repeating notes. This is key for hats. Thats why my sample packs usually have two versions of each sample.

Make sure the samples you use are from the same set. If you grab a snare from this pack, and a high hat from another, it won't sound realistic. This also goes for fitting the rest of the song: If you have a grungy lofo recording but then put in these pristine studio-sampled drums, it will sound tacky.

Once you get that right, I find it helps to glue the drums together with some tight compression on the whole drum submix, as well as a touch of reverb that all the drum sounds can be sent to.

6 sounds
    18 posts

To get realistic sounding drums will you will need to use multisamples for each element of the drum kit. Spend some time playing with the sampler (something like Battery or NN-XT) so that the right samples play at the velocities you play/program. Then tweak their volumes. With Battery you can set it so there is a minute random varition in the playback pitch, which helps - but only a minute amount of variation.

Secondly you will want create the feel that a human is playing the kit, which means that hits don't fall exactly on your quantise grid. No human can keep perfectly in time! So try nudging hits a few samples to the left or right, but not so much that you can hear the hits out of time.

Hope that helps

0 sounds
    5 posts

Connum
    I would first pick the samples I like to use, then ask their authors if it would be okay to use them, and THEN produce the commercial.

Once again this may look like the obvious solution at first but the fact is, I won't be choosing from a dozen samples but among hundresds and thousands, and for the reasons mentioned in my previous posts that's just not practical. But seems I won't have any choice.

Thanks for your attention.

Cheers!

Guy