Forums

3113 sounds
    312 posts

If you are able to post the animation somehow (to get the timing and shapes accurate) that would make it much easier to create the sounds. I am willing to do this task, as are probably several others...

0 sounds
    3 posts

I have a number of simple shapes being drawn in an animated sequence in Flash (circles, spirals, zig-zags etc). I need some sounds to go with each shape as it's being drawn. Can anyone point me in the right direction as I can't seem to find anything suitable.
    Thank you

4 sounds
    31 posts

Sorry for being absent, I had some problems with my Internet (Damn it).
    I see that some people are ready to help me, so that's the text:

'The City Of Seven Winds.. what is this place? Where is it? Why is it named this way? The sense of general mystery and despair.. Everything is like a template: people, streets, buildings, cars, feelings.. It's just the way it is. So boring. How do you feel? You're stuck in this mess.. You gotta get out of here. Run away. Right now. Forget the past and start a new life.. This city is just your birthplace, forget it, you don't have to love it. But before you'll go, you should say goodbye.. Just say it, somehow, and then let it go.. And never ask something. You've done it, there's nothing left to do. The City is left behind..
    But are you strong enough to forget it and never go back?'

The voice should be exhausted and not fast, with pauses, tired breathing, maybe with words like 'You know' or 'I mean', so that must be like a spontaneous live recording but not prepared. I mean you can improvise however.
    I hope somebody can help me.

0 sounds
    2 posts

Demonsurf
    a microphone whit condenser

Honestly, haven't heard of a single person using an acoustic guitars pickup for a recording.

I would mic it. While someone else is playing it move your ear around and try to find the sound you like the best. Put the mic on that spot.

Start by the 12th fret.

Use whatever mic you have, don't go crazy, though I like the inexpensive SM57.

Please post your results.

0 sounds
    2 posts

dobroide
    Maybe the freakiest reason to watch a movie, but followed your suggestion. To me the film was just another revenge story (reminded me of Charles Bronson, Steven Seagal, that stuff, but less funny). To me make things worst the copy was so dark I hardly could see the machine, ha ha.

Sorry to revive this thread, I haven't been here for a while.

I completely disagree with you blowing off The Brave One as just another revenge story....and comparing her to Steven Segal and Charles Bronson makes no sense. Did you watch the movie?

Though there are some obvious flaws in the movie, what I got from watching it was a constant debate within myself. The film forced me to answer questions and I had to look deep to answer them. Amazingly, despite it's obvious twists and turns and ridiculous Hollywood ending, it brought up some existential debate.

And the 722 rocked my world.

0 sounds
    2 posts

Actually, I know only how to record IRs useful for my development work.
    The mono input sample would be a bell shaped waveform with width
    of a few samples. That sample is then fed to the reverberator, to left,
    to right, or to both channels.

As what comes to setting the reverb: I planned to download the manuals
    of reverbs and check details from there. I already have manuals for
    Lexicon, Roland, etc. reverbs.

I have observed that some IRs for convolution reverbs seems to
    be generated by using a square waveform. I don't understand
    the use of quare pulse. Do they sound good, I don't know.

In any case, if anyone has a quality reverb, we work toward IR set
    which is useful for all of us. That may mean a set of 100+ (or more)
    IRs per algorithm. Is sampling of reverbs illegal?

Juhana

121 sounds
    1552 posts

hello juhana,

There's a lot of recording people on this site, but very few with very in depth knowledge about dsp processing. Perhaps it would be wise to point people to either a HOWTO or a tutorial on how to record IR's, and why they are useful/used.

- bram

121 sounds
    1552 posts

to be honest the current site's search is very, very bad. The new sites search will be powered by Solr and thus be a LOT more powerful, without an extra effort from us. This should and will be reflected in the API.

- bram

0 sounds
    3 posts

Hi Bram,

Your idea for attribution is excellent, and fits into my plan for this project.

Our first refinement will probably be better search parameters (right now I've only implemented searching for tags). But your suggestion will come shortly after.

-Ben

0 sounds
    2 posts

I have written GVerb, an open source free reverberator. It could
    be better. I would need impulse response (IR) samples of quality
    reverbs. The IRs found for the convolution reverberators fails
    for my use. I need examples of early echoes (ambiance) with
    diffusion and density set to minimum, and the tail reverberation
    set off.

I also have a plan which would make this sampling project more
    useful for people who use the convolution reverbs.

Juhana

0 sounds
    2 posts

Wow! I hadn't even heard of Soundsnap. It looks like there is no requirement to attribute the artists. They say:

"Our terms make attribution optional- but recommended, and don't allow commercial distribution of the material if it is not transformed at all or included in a derivative work (film, other music)."

So except for out of courtesy, you don't have to stress attribution.

EDIT: So an option for designers to post sound effects with this type of agreement here would make this site much more usable for me and many others.

59 sounds
    4 posts

Dizzi45Z
    Maybe another option would be that the author of the sound must be notified of any commercial works that you use their sound in.

I think this would be nice.. now i'm taking sounds from SoundSnap for my commercial works (outsourcing music) because there is an option when you don't have to credit the authors under some circumstances (as in my case).
    And i wouldn't be sad if my sounds are used in such way, because i upload them just to share among everyone who'll like and need them. Notification would be enough.

0 sounds
    2 posts

What if TFSP made it an option for the sound designers to require credit given to them on their sounds that they upload? I love the idea of TFSP, but I probably won't ever use any of the sounds in commercial work because of the hassle it takes to worry about crediting the author of the sound. I definitely respect the work that goes into making the sounds, but unfortunately, I don't think many of these sounds will ever be used in larger productions because of this part of the agreement.

Maybe another option would be that the author of the sound must be notified of any commercial works that you use their sound in. Just brainstorming.... It would just be really nice to use these sounds by such talented sound designers in commercial works where everyone can hear them.

0 sounds
    1 post

I'am looking for weird short clips of voices/fx currently in need of native speech/chants

44 sounds
    22 posts

Ok, keyboard support is in the CVS version:

To get it:

cvs -dtongueserver:anonymous@bethewumpus.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/bethewumpus login
    (no password)
    cvs -z3 -dtongueserver:anonymous@bethewumpus.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/bethewumpus co -P bethewumpus

Then build as usual (see bethewumpus.sourceforge.net )

-- steve

185 sounds
    79 posts

Used http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=44550 by many as a bed for my voiceover to produce this for an internet radio station http://www.mikevendetti.com/voices/More_Darkly.mp3

13 sounds
    12 posts

That was my thought sad

42 sounds
    22 posts

hey, hallo everybody again !!

Thanx everybody by your kind words, makes me feel very good to read your feedback, sometimes I think I'm alone on the net, so, it's good to hear u... weird

the reason of this reply is to post another link to a new laptop theme, a digital soundscape made these last days, with some glitches & clicks to a low tempo, I haven't post an official comment because this one hasn't got freesounds, but it's according with this post, so, I will post a link (I hope admins excuse me by this)

http://perlssdj.blogspot.com/2008/03/introspectiva-laptop-soundscape.html

thanx a lot by your attention and your support, I will remix more freesounds soon, if u wish to, just remember u can join my humble mailing list to be up to date about new stuff (made with freesounds or not)

c'ya on the net, b happy wink

peace

Kinhos! (aka PerlssDj)
    http://perlssdj.blogspot.com

7 sounds
    10 posts

I'm putting the finishing touches to this song and it could really do with a choir section. The notes needed are D, C and B in any range so all voices welcome!

433 sounds
    197 posts

^^ Agreed. Sounds like a double or triple voice sawtooth played at a high octave. It can be crafted fairly easily by changing the amplitude envelope on your synthesizer. It should look like this: Attack=0 Decay=25-50 Sustain=0-25 Release=25-50. (Assuming that 0 is the minimum allowed and 100 is the maximum allowed)

It also might have a light reverb effect on it but that could just be the release time.