Forums

0 sounds
    3 posts

LS
    trance needs to take its ass back to europe and stay there.

LOL!

Lynn

0 sounds
    3 posts

Filezilla is an excellent program, if you're on a Mac I would recommend Transmit (although it isn't free unfortunately).

If you all want, I could make a screenshot video explaining (and showing) what you need to do.

Lynn

37 sounds
    14 posts

..speaking of phone related stuff..

would anyone have a sample of that beepy noise mobile phones make in a stereo speaker when they are being called or when a near-by base station is logging in?

4677 sounds
    376 posts

I uploaded some new phone related stuff, more acoustic guitar chords, some binaural beat encoded brain wave tracks and some other stuff... check them out...

29 sounds
    24 posts

Yes, that's the sound a turntable makes if one is in a hurry to stop the music. If you drag the needle across the grooves carelessly, without picking the tonearm up far enough to clear the grooves, you hear the noise of the needle bouncing off the grooves in the record. Usually damages the LP pretty good, too. So there you go.

I heard a story on the radio some years ago, and the reporter said that LPs will someday get so rare that there will be a whole generation of people who will not know what the sound of a needle being dragged across a record sounds like. He said people will have heard it, but they won't know what it comes from.

0 sounds
    2 posts

Thank you so much that first one is absolutely perfect grin grin grin I owe u one

606 sounds
    276 posts

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=3536

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=16467

or

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=3537

?

0 sounds
    2 posts

I have been looking for the sound they sometimes use on TV when the music suddenly stops, if you know the one i mean. I have tried searching for scratch, stop, end and all sorts of things like that. I just wondered if someone could tell me what i should search for or even give me the sound?

Eewawoowa

0 sounds
    1 post

This is my first post on this site. I just registered today. I'm excited to begin contributing sounds.
    I used to work for Sweetwater Sound in Fort Wayne, Indiana as a music equipment technology consultant. Sweetwater ships equipment to virtually every country as long as the credit card or wire transfer clears and the customer has access to FedEx or some other global courier. My contact at Sweetwater is Ted Hunter at 800-222-4700 ext 1397 www.sweetwater.com

During the time I worked there I shipped to clients living in Germany, Greece, England, Denmark, South Africa and the Bahamas. I haven't worked there for a few years now so you'll want to ask Ted for the latest details on their international shipping. If you want, you can email him as well. ted_hunter@sweetwater.com. There are approximately 80 sales engineers that work at Sweetwater and you can work with any of them. Ted just happens to be one of their best. If you call in or email the first time without asking for a specific sales rep, you will be randomly assigned to someone. Once you make contact with one of the sales engineers there, that person will be your regular contact which makes it easy to pick up each conversation where you left off etc. Sweetwater's big deal is their service to the customer and really good pricing. A few .com type places will beat their pricing from time to time, but no one has a focus on service like Sweetwater. As you can tell I still really like the place. Once you start working with someone there you'll see why.
    Good luck.

Alexander

4677 sounds
    376 posts

LS you are the biggest online BLEEP_243524 (by jovica) I have ever met. After we already went over all this and you still stir shit up. I am an independent, you immature rosey odonnel regurgitating leftist cynic without your own opinion. Bram, delete the BLEEP (by jovica) please before I write an album about him.

Oh and by the way, if the east coast was only 3 BLEEP_235235 (by jovica) states instead of 14, then how cool would you be?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8e/US_map-East_Coast.png

I have updated some sample packs and will be making some new ones soon. Stay tuned...

Sorry to turn this political, oh wait that BLEEP_35465 (by jovica) started it AGAIN.

0 sounds
    23 posts

Hi digifishmusic. The speech syth is Textaloud, as discussed here........... http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1899
    Had a listen to Valley Girls and liked it.

LS, the dance floor part is in the words I guess.

Thanks

0 sounds
    17 posts

2: How does it work, with Internet providers ? Where should I suscribe for a DSL line (not cable) ? Does some include a phone line ? Webpage space ?

I know of two services: Comcast and Brighthouse networks. If they have Comcast, GET IT. It's the best Cable Internet I've seen, and they have a packaged deal for Phone, Internet, AND TV, if that's your thing. So...Yeah, if they have it, get it. But I am NOT suggesting OR recommending Brighthouse, they have the WORST Service people and I had a "Specially Trained PC Tech" who came to my house and STILL didn't know half of the crap that my computer was doing.

258 sounds
    355 posts

where's the dance floor part? it was cool though. not my style but I still liked it

258 sounds
    355 posts

west coast pays the rest of america's bills. after all it has the WORLDS 5th largest economy. only reason noise doesn't like it is because he's a neo con republican. and that's not a good thing

66 sounds
    41 posts

Now it's done, my little family and I moved to Manhattan, Kansas. Ready for the midwest experience !

We bought a house, sadly with no basement, but a big sort of barn in the backyard where I'll built a soundproof room, maybe next summer.

Advises are still welcome !

111 sounds
    48 posts

Hi,

I need a smashing, splashing sound like the body splashing on the ground from the high altitude - the juicy splashing sound - a little cartoonish but "realistic" and in high quality (stereo, 16/44 at least) - like a ball of mud hitting the floor... Possibly with not much room sound (I need to add ambience later). Anyone?

thnx in advance

606 sounds
    276 posts

I like it...sort of reminds me of one of mine...all done with speech synths.

http://www.digifishmusic.com/sounds/ValleyGirl-Fun.mp3

What speech synth did you use?

digifish

0 sounds
    20 posts

I wasn't planning a movie.actually, this was just supposed to be a short parody of every kidnapping action movie smile

17 sounds
    224 posts

:roll: right click...save as.....

0 sounds
    1 post

Instead Quicktime plays the sound on the webpage. I cannot save the qicktime ?
    is there a solution here ?

thanks, mike.