Forums

0 sounds
    24 posts

Hello i was wondering also if anyone can post a good quality version of the sound of an incoming explosion. Heres a low quality sample http://www.sounddogs.com/previews/25/mp3/227921_SOUNDDOGS_Ex.mp3
    Thanks.

185 sounds
    79 posts

Dangerbabe,

Just got home from the auction, but will go to work on it.

Mike

0 sounds
    1 post

I hope the name explains it grin
    Example: http://www.shockwave-sound.com/previews/o/Orchestral%20Suspense/orchestral-suspense-complete-preview.html

258 sounds
    355 posts

I use flstudio producer edition. I also use a lot of free stuff. but mainly i stick to fl because its worth my time. give it a shot. the demo won't let you save anything and that really sucks but you can find a cracked version on most bit torrent type places.

but i'd suggest paying for at least the cheapest version of flstudio which is something like a 99 dollars.

just the interface alone is worth that. you won't get any vst plugins with that but you can always add your own (again millions of them on line for free).

0 sounds
    6 posts

thanks a lot. i've read about flstudio and most say it's an awesome software. i'm gonna give it a try. do yu have another recommendations?

95 sounds
    4 posts

ill record that for you if you want tongue, do you want any specific things like i dunno, ill give it a bash when i get home today woot

16 sounds
    48 posts

Hey, there's no reason one of my railroad executives couldn't be a German! Go for it! smile

Oh, man....ANYONE who has the MCP as their avatar is excellent in my book! grin

3066 sounds
    479 posts

WOW, thats what I call a voice, Superb contribution, Mike, thank you so much!

258 sounds
    355 posts

well you could find flstudio on line for free and that's really nice. there are also thousands of free online drum machines.

just do a vst search for them

185 sounds
    79 posts

I'm in with American English according to Mike the Auctioneer recorded quietly so as not to wake my wife up which would be a whole new sound for Freesound.

Hammerklavier, at least you will still be able to play the piano after having the flu.

3066 sounds
    479 posts

Sure, I can record whatever you want with the OKM> BMA1 > iRiver , just let me know.
    Sample http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=43661 used exactly this gear, but you probably know this.

The 3.5 ST FEL I had (lent to Acclivity at present) provided less gain than the BMA1. I guess your concern is gain, right? The BMA1 is very quiet, yes. And gives lots of gain, yes. On the cons side, it's relatively pricey (ompared to US preamps, at least), and the internal noise of the mics - which is *considerable* in the OKMs - stands out like a sore thumb. More gain, remember? With this preamp one is often tempted to rise levels as much as possible, particularly for sounds of the kind you (and me) register. Good news is that OKM noise can be easily removed in post, in the sample I mention above I went this way. Another alternative is using quieter mics and squeeze the BMA1 to the max.

Right now my OKM's are overused (three years!), so I'm thinking of replace them with a pair of Shure WL183 (http://www.uwm.edu/~type/audio-reports/Shure-WL183s/index.htm). Good quality, solid cable, and quiet for being electret. Same league as DPA4060, just cheaper. If this combination makes me happy I'll likely get rid of a couple MKH Sennheisers in perfect shape. Will let you know smile

So ok, drop a line and I'll record waht you need

Saludos
    D

850 sounds
    73 posts

Hi dobroide,

its amazing that you answered my question, because it was you I had in mind, when I posted the message.

At the mo. I´m thinking of buying the FEL Battery Microphone Amplifier BMA1, I believe you are using.

I´ve got the FEL 3.5 SJ 20 dB Stereo microphone preamplifier and as we both got Irivers and the Soundman OKMs I was thinking of a noise to record to compare. A human voice can be anything from quite to loud and therefore it might be difficult, to do a simlilar recording .

What do you think?
    smile

3066 sounds
    479 posts

I fear this is shameless spam, but how about human voice? smile

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13428#13428

I think certain sounds - like clock tickings - are spectraly uninteresting, whereas human voices are richer in harmonics. Wouldn't voices suit better your goal?

D

3066 sounds
    479 posts

Hello everybody

I recently tought it would be nice to have a sample board of voices here at Freesound, in as many languages/moods/flavours as possible. If you have a recording device of some kind and you are willing to help you can contribute, no special requierements as regards sound quality (a small electret condenser mic, a tape recorder, MD, computer mic, anything would do)

Although my voice is not particularly nice, I started uploading two samples in Spanish: http://freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=46296
    http://freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=46295

In the first I say 'Sound must be free' , and in the second I read part of the leading paragraph in Freesound main page: The Freesound Project is a collaborative database of Creative Commons licensed sounds. Freesound focusses only on sound, not songs. You can translate and use these two sentences, or use any other of your choice as the content doesn't really matter, the idea is getting a sample of your language/voice.

I bet some Freesounders have *very* nice voices, and we all would love listening to you, your brother, your boyfriend, your mum speaking Russian, English, French, Catalan, Dayak, Dutch, Italian, Arabic, Basque, German, Japanese,... Come on !

Best regards

D

PS, it could be a good idea to tag these samples (at least) 'Freesound' 'name your language' so they can be located easily

PPS BY ADMIN: later in this post it was agreed to use the tags: global-village and freesound-text for these recordings.

PPS: edited to fix the links to point to fresound.org

850 sounds
    73 posts

I´m looking for a noise, everyone can reproduce all over the world in the same way, so that it has the same sound, loudness and quality, for comparing microphones and other recording gear.

For example, if there would be such a noise, then one freesounder can record this noise with his recording gear and another one would then be able to compare it to his gear.

Alarmclocks are often used in comparisons, but they differ in their loudness and sound.

So any ideas? :?:

20 sounds
    25 posts

I guess you don't need a character with a german accent? wink

16 sounds
    48 posts

Who knew central Washington State could be so perilous? We got pterodactyls!!!

http://wenworld.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071228/NEWS04/696205505/0/FRONTPAGE

:lol:

20 sounds
    25 posts

Thank you for your replies; The mic seems to be the main problem (I have no air conditioner wink ) combined with a perhaps too high record level.

Outrageous
    The ECM CS10 mic has a self-noise of 38dB, according to the Sony website.

The interesting part is that only the american homepage lists this specification that explicitly (compared to austrian variant) - I also checked the manual, which seems to have a similar value described with cryptic words.
    In sum I now have a main property to look for when buying a new mic.

16 sounds
    48 posts

I need the following lines recorded by a few different voices. Please feel free to do so! It's for a wild west children's play I'm directing. smile I could use both men and women. Western accent would be nice, but not necessary. These are business people--officials from the railroad. They're in a good humor.

"Hello? Anyone here?"

"We're very thirsty!" followed by a laugh.

"Whew, it's hot out there."

"What's a body gotta do to get a drink of soda pop around here?"

Thanks. grin

16 sounds
    48 posts

Thanks, all! Dave, don't worry about recording again. The one you did will work. Thanks!