Forums

17 sounds
    224 posts

DJ Chronos
    I got the same notification and no message to be found. *sits low in computer chair and shudders*
    redrum...REDRUM!

Redrum... you mean the Reason drum machine? :?

17 sounds
    224 posts

Also, alot of audio programs don't accept mp3s as samples.

44 sounds
    99 posts

if you receive a notice for a PM and don't find one don't worry you've been spared the time of looking at SPAM.

17 sounds
    224 posts

Hello everyone, I just stumbled on this VST plugin and I think it's awesome if you're into glitchy electro music. I'm sure a lot of you already know of it but it might be useful to someone.

http://illformed.org/blog/glitch/

44 sounds
    99 posts

true that!!!! Even at 320kbps mp3's contain lots of audible artifacts.

0 sounds
    215 posts

SPAMMERS DESERVE NO RESPECT
    DOT

cool

433 sounds
    197 posts

I got the same notification and no message to be found. *sits low in computer chair and shudders*
    redrum...REDRUM!

101 sounds
    99 posts

Yea.. I prefer wav. or the equivilant.. mp3s suck ass quality wise. (and at 128kbps?.. omg.. can u say "artifacts"wink

44 sounds
    99 posts

it was probably spam. i got one the other day and it was spam. Hopefully bram or one of the admins caught the guy and deleted the message so you didn't have to read it.

44 sounds
    99 posts

When I said "you" i meant YOU (adamstrange). Most all audio professionals agree that yes you can hear a difference. It may not be prevalent to the casual listener but to someone with a trained ear it is blatantly obvious. This is why freesound requests uploads in a full format file type.

0 sounds
    31 posts

If it does effect the sound but you won't hear it then why use wav or the higher format sound if you can't tell the difference ?

This does make me a bit curious.

231 sounds
    129 posts

i just got an email notification of a new private msg here - but alas when I got here there was none

I feel like miss tuffet who looked in the cupboard to see it was bare!!

:?

0 sounds
    1 post

could you send me those sirens please?

(i need them for a project for school)

44 sounds
    22 posts

jkbrock...

Ok. Check your PMs.

-- steve

45 sounds
    46 posts

No thanks ... I like it right HERE!

44 sounds
    99 posts

Full format wav aiff or flac is the way to go. Even though you may not hear it MP3 compression does effect the sound quite a bit, even at 128kbps. Anyone using these sounds and looking for professional resulting projects will want to start with full format files not mp3's or WMA's.

0 sounds
    31 posts

I was wondering if the Forum could request to have all future sound uploads to be in the WMA or MP3 128kbs format ?

Reason for this is that I've been converting my entire sound collection from Wav to Wma Stereo 128KBs and the quality in sound is excellent.

I had a folder that had 34 MB worth of Mono sounds and once converted to Wma Stereo 128KBs that folder was now around 4 Mbs.

The sounds though where still Mono but the quality was exactly the same.

Alot of the sound files here that are uploaded in wav can save the site space if it where to be converted to Wma or Mp3 128KBs and still retain a good quality in sound.

I converted a 9.54 MB stereo Wav file to a Wma 128KBs stereo file and it and the new file was only 923 KBs.

Also the higher 128KBs MP3 or Wma format would mean better quality in the sounds uploaded because there are a lot of really interesting sounds but they all uploaded with a low compression,making them sound messed up.

0 sounds
    31 posts

Thanks Bram

21 sounds
    1 post

hi, this is my first post...
    i'm making an add for an online yoga community and i'm looking for a simple clear, real, sitar droning one note and/or tambora for the background (with a voice over). ...meditative, and good quality, preferably wave...
    any help is most appreciated.
    thanks...

0 sounds
    9 posts

Thanks a lot, RokkiN, I will download this program at once.