Forums

  • avatar
    321 sounds
    1877 posts

    3606 - Parse

  • avatar
    13 sounds
    282 posts

    3605 - Parson.

  • avatar
    13 sounds
    282 posts

    toiletrolltube wrote:

    ...., but I'm inclined to think the truth is ugly and unbearable, or on the other hand, there is no truth at all. Or as you say: existential. ......

    That's exactly why most people's "truths" have been photoshopped! I had to give myself a psychic lobotomy to remove recognition of the concepts "ugly" and "unbearable", and a few others, in order to come to terms with my own personal "truths".

    I'm okay with "existential", by the way.

    "May the Farce be with you",

    Wibby

  • avatar
    0 sounds
    2 posts

    Thank you very much for posts. I really helped, although the result is not ideal. Because the record is very poor quality, noise, and 8-bit quality, succeeded only partially amplify some places. Where the music was too strong, I was unable to suppress it. Thank you very much for your help.

  • avatar
    20 sounds
    135 posts

    3604 - Larson

  • avatar
    1182 sounds
    287 posts

    Headphaze wrote:
    We both came out enlightened. Actually, you're wrong on this occasion, the truth is existential. wink

    Here are the deets for anyone else interested:
    variety.com/2015/tv/news/the-x-files-revival

    I'm wrong on most occasions, but I'm inclined to think the truth is ugly and unbearable, or on the other hand, there is no truth at all. Or as you say: existential. Or, other ors. Goodnight Headphaze.

  • avatar
    321 sounds
    1877 posts

    We both came out enlightened. Actually, you're wrong on this occasion, the truth is existential. wink

    Here are the deets for anyone else interested:
    variety.com/2015/tv/news/the-x-files-revival

  • avatar
    321 sounds
    1877 posts

    You're right, however... smile

    Phase inversion only works properly if the two waveforms match exactly and are 'in phase' (you're right about matching the channel number), so if you have a recording of a track playing from a speaker and then the music file itself, it will probably fail because the audio signals are entirely out of phase due to reflections and the recording mediums.

    I'm afraid this is a very tricky situation, for which you're going to need some more sophisticated tools like iZotope RX2 if you want to remove the majority of the music. Or just record it again without the background music, which would be by far the easiest option (if available).

    You can always try phase inversion of course, it might have a small effect at attenuating higher frequencies that have a discernible pitch. Realistically, there's no way to completely remove the background music without completely destroying the dialogue along with it. It's a shame you only have audacity at your disposal, because it's extremely limited for this kind of task.

    Personally, in this particular scenario, this is the chain that I would use to attenuate the music whilst keeping the dialogue relatively intact:

    > De-reverb
    > Phase inversion
    > De-Noise
    > Spectral repair (algorithmic)
    > Gate with noise floor just above -infdB

    In theory, if you are patient and expert enough, you can use direct FFT spectral repair much in same way as photoshop, and "paint" out any unwanted audio from a signal, but I can assure you this will take hours upon hours of work to complete, so it's not practical to do this kind of stuff.

    Hope this helped

  • avatar
    1182 sounds
    287 posts

    Headphaze wrote:
    Oh you stopped at the horses head? Naughty toiletroll, you were supposed to see how difficult it got.

    Have you heard about the new mini season of X-Files confirmed? That is very exciting.

    Ach, I got bored, and I'm certainly naughty smile. Maybe I'll have another go later.

    No I haven't, used to really love that show. The truth isn't "out there" though, it's inside smile But I'm sure to watch and thanks for letting me know.

  • avatar
    321 sounds
    1877 posts

    Oh you stopped at the horses head? Naughty toiletroll, you were supposed to see how difficult it got.

    Have you heard about the new mini season of X-Files confirmed? That is very exciting.

  • avatar
    1670 sounds
    1739 posts

    3603 - arson

  • avatar
    1182 sounds
    287 posts

    Well then, to date you've got 8 episodes to enjoy. Definitely worthy of the rating I think.

    Tried the game. Horse head, quite obvious. Probably because my parents let me stay up late in the 70s to watch those types of films which usually resulted in nightmares.

    Oh, I'm also watching Fargo at the mo http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2802850/ very good indeed and another 9.

    And yes, I know you were kidding smile

  • avatar
    0 sounds
    1 post

    hi! I need someone to say "Based Bear Productions", "Based Bear Beats", &/or "Based Bear".

    I humbly appreciate it in advance.

  • avatar
    2 sounds
    16 posts

    sounds easy enough, any particular way U want them said?

  • avatar
    2 sounds
    16 posts

    Did U want it dry or with FX added?

  • avatar
    321 sounds
    1877 posts

    Nah, I was only kidding with you. I know such a game is quite boring.

    This however is a fun game along the same lines, very addictive: http://www.famousobjectsfromclassicmovies.com

    Wow that series has a 9.2 rating on IMDb

    I'm definitely going to be trying this out. Thanks for the recommendation my dear toilet roll tube.

  • avatar
    1182 sounds
    287 posts

    Soz, was a tad sozzled last night and forgot to mention which show. Silly me smile

    The show is Better Call Saul, and it's much better than I expected. If you're a Breaking Bad fan, I'm sure you'll like this. Bob Odenkirk is great, I've especially liked him since his The Larry Sanders Show days.

    There's another great sound from an earlier episode, I'll find which one and post the time.

    @Headphaze, feel free to start a new thread, I'd have a crack at it. I did something similar with film screenshots once, but it didn't catch on.

  • avatar
    321 sounds
    1877 posts

    KoopaTroopa63 wrote:
    What ever happened to ignoring "this guy" and his posts?

    He was replying directly to me actually. So he hasn't breached his declaration yet.

  • avatar
    5 sounds
    193 posts

    afleetingspeck wrote:
    It isn't my problem if he is still around = a disapproving shake of the head to the admins.

    What ever happened to ignoring "this guy" and his posts?

  • avatar
    321 sounds
    1877 posts

    3602 - Pyromaniac