Forums

10 posts

0 sounds
    1 post
    I did not understand what I should do please explain me.

HI,
    I make movies and I want to use sound files that you have IN YOURE SITE,Do I understand correctly?

I supposed to end the film WITH credit TO the creator?

28 sounds
    9 posts

Yes, you credit the creator and this website.

0 sounds
    4 posts

i have a similar question - i would like to use a specific sound effect possibly for a TV commercial - obviously, i can't give credit at the end of the commercial, cause there is no credit scroll. i found the specific file on the site last week and dropped it into the rough cut of our spot. when i went back to do my due diligence with regard to fees, and searched for the sound effect again, it doesn't come up.....so, i'm a bit at a loss. can any one advise what my course of action needs to be. the name of the file we downloaded is Entrevista_Radio_Ciudadana. please help so i can co the right thing.

best,

j

0 sounds
    4 posts

i have a similar question - i would like to use a specific sound effect possibly for a TV commercial - obviously, i can't give credit at the end of the commercial, cause there is no credit scroll. i found the specific file on the site last week and dropped it into the rough cut of our spot. when i went back to do my due diligence with regard to fees, and searched for the sound effect again, it doesn't come up.....so, i'm a bit at a loss. can any one advise what my course of action needs to be. the name of the file we downloaded is Entrevista_Radio_Ciudadana. please help so i can co the right thing.

best,

j

3088 sounds
    306 posts

jenniferhargreaves wrote:

best,

j

Hi Jennifer, it is possible that the sample that you downloaded was found to be something that shouldn't be on Freesound and was deleted. I did a quick search for the file you mentioned and found a Youtube clip, which, if it is the same probably shouldn't have been on Freesound in the first place as it is from a radio broadcast. But if it is the same, you might be able to contact the YouTube user.
    Good luck! (and thank you for trying to do the right thing)

0 sounds
    4 posts

thanks so much for getting back to me!!! i will look into finding out who put it on youtube and go from there.

0 sounds
    1 post

I would like to use a few of your sounds in a live theatre show, how should i credit them?

235 sounds
    427 posts

you could put the credits in the playbill.

39 sounds
    57 posts

we put a phrase in the theatre play's bill somewhat like this:
    this play contains creative commons licensed sounds of userX, userY available at freesound.org.

audio.burkay.at soundcloud.com/burkay
    121 sounds
    1545 posts

Also explained in:

http://www.freesound.org/help/faq/#licenses-1

- bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.

10 posts