Forums

4 posts

0 sounds
    1 post
    Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License. Please help!!

I am a drum & bass producer (electronic music). I happened to find a vocal sample I want to use in the breakdown of one of my tunes. I will be mashing it up with modulations, efx, pitch shifts and time stretching. I want to release this tune for commercial and profit via MP3 download on Itunes, beatport, ect. Creative commons states: " OK--To sample, mash-up, or otherwise creatively transform this work for commercial or noncommercial purposes.
    To perform, display, and distribute copies of this whole work for noncommercial purposes (e.g., file-sharing or noncommercial webcasting)."

Do I need any additonal license for the sample if I plan to sell the track? or is this sample ok to use under this creative commons sampling plus 1.0 License???

Thank you in adavence for all responses to this post. smile Need answers please.

527 sounds
    651 posts

Nothing additional needed just attribution.

You are free:

To sample, mash-up, or otherwise creatively transform this work for commercial or noncommercial purposes.

http://www.freesound.org/legal.php

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    0 sounds
    3 posts

I remind u that the Creative Commons Sampling license is no longer available, so it doesn't protect u or hurts (in this case) u in anyways, i don't know why Freesound is still letting people use this license

18 sounds
    456 posts

GGG00 wrote:
    i don't know why Freesound is still letting people use this license

It isn't. The new version of this site is up for just a few days and from then on, people need to log in and specify which license their sounds are on now. This process takes time, in fact, I only just did this myself. And some members may already have left Freesound, so their sounds will likely never have the license changed. You can't expect this be done over night.
    But for all new uploads, Sampling+ is no longer an option.

4 posts