Forums

7 posts

0 sounds
    3 posts
    Manipulating sounds

I just have a simple question:

Can I take sounds from freesounds and manipulate/change them around, to use in a freeware computer game, or must they remain "original" ?

Regards,
    //David

26 sounds
    107 posts

If it's a freeware program you're making, is it really to hard to attribute the sounds you use? Seriously, what's the big deal?

DON'T PANIC!
    0 sounds
    3 posts

I think you must have misunderstood me. What I meant was: Can I edit them, slow them down, play them backwards, add filters, add distortion, pitch-shift them, or in any other way MANIPULATE the samples downloaded from this site, or must they remain in their ORIGINAL version?

258 sounds
    355 posts

you can do whatever you want to them. but you still should make note of who's sample you took and tweeked to begin with. after all YOU STILL ARE using someone else's work as a starting point.

0 sounds
    3 posts

Yes ofcourse... And I know that. But that wasn't even my question in the first place. smile

258 sounds
    355 posts

well hopefully now your question is answered.

36 sounds
    215 posts

Whatever you change them or not these sound are protected by the cc license,
    so YES you can change/modify/destroy them,
    BUT these sound must be credited to their ORIGINAL author/freesounders... cool

...and I will repeat:
    you must credit the soundS used here,
    you must credit the soundS used here
    you must credit the soundS used here... :lol:

7 posts