Forums

4 posts

0 sounds
    1 post
    Public Service Announcement for a Non-Profit Organizations

I read on the site that sounds cannot be used for commercials. Therefore, my question becomes, is a (non-profit) Public Service Announcement, that does NOT sell anything but a message for social good, be considered a commercial? If it is not considered a commercial, then can I follow the standard clauses and protocols on this site without having to contact each sound creator?

Do let me know your thoughts?

Jeff

44 sounds
    99 posts

What makes you think that sounds can not be used for commercials??? Yes it would be mighty difficult to add in the credit at the bottom of the screen but by my understanding you should be able to use this in a commercial.

121 sounds
    1543 posts

that is NOT correct ejfortin.

see: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sampling+/1.0/

"You may not use this work to advertise for or promote anything but the work you create from it."

jefft99, now that I read this clause again, I think you are right in supposing it doesn't even allow usage in not-for-profit commercials.
    as always: ask the original author's permission (no-one will say "no", but you can't assume)

- bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    44 sounds
    99 posts

thanks for the info bram. I never thought of using sounds for commercials or promotional uses, I guess it makes sense though. Thanks.

- Eric

4 posts