Forums

371 sounds
    251 posts

Thanks guys,i couldn't have got this far without your help.

I have contacted youtube to ask why my recording was reinstated and, if it was the result of an SEF counter-notification, on what grounds did they reach that decision?

I have also pointed out this infringement to mediafire,where this recording can also be downloaded.

In the meanwhile the youtube video has been deleted by the user.

Quote CorsicaS
    "YouTube claims that if a user gets 3 strikes against them for copyright infringement the channel will be removed and the user banned. So please, everyone do file that claim!"

......if this is true then why are we still here?......I sent the link to this thread to the youtube mods,i hope they read it.

1882 sounds
    1711 posts

juskiddink wrote:
    I have contacted youtube to ask why my recording was reinstated and, if it was the result of an SEF counter-notification ...

their sound certainly matched yours ...

juskiddink wrote:
    Quote CorsicaS
    "YouTube claims that if a user gets 3 strikes against them for copyright infringement the channel will be removed and the user banned. So please, everyone do file that claim!"

......if this is true then why are we still here?......I sent the link to this thread to the youtube mods,i hope they read it.

Strictly speaking it's "more than two" rather than "three", e.g. thirty-three is "more than two". Youtube does make money from the SEF channel, which gets over ten-thousand views per day, so is going to be reluctant to close it.

217 sounds
    164 posts

I have also find my work on youyube by Sound Factory.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcXUUGZe1fk&list;=UUYIxR_86Ck0sCL26eVuumvQ&index;=2
    I know that my works are under CC licence but simple thanx would sometimes be enough.
    No. Instead of that, my loop is called sick. OK. I wont comment someone taste in music but in the same time I wont spitting on others. My loops are download by hundreds and already used in video games, video intros etc. SO!
    SHAME ON YOU...
    Pardon my poor English. I am from Bosnia and I am not native English speaker.

never mind the bollocks zagi2
    40 sounds
    29 posts

Ok, I am posting another reply just to let you guys know where I'm at. First of all over half of the videos on my channel have been deleted. I took everyone's advice into consideration and deleted the videos I wouldn't of time to attribute before copyright notifications were filed and other sounds where the original source was not known.

AlienXXX you still claim there are 8 "violations" still, From around 420 videos that I had before without attribution, I think that only being 8 left now is a big step in the right direction. I have spent countless hours these past few weeks going through my freesound downloads and other internet download history of mine correcting everything. I truly believe I have done everything I can to satisfy and correct my unfortunate mistake here. I have responded to many PM's from artists here and respectively deleted all sounds of theirs even after I correctly attributed. I encourage the remaining artists or any other artists here for that matter to let me know and I'll delete their sound(s) without hesitation. If you believe you need compensation im also open to that, just send me a PM through here.

On a better note, I am purchasing my own recorder soon (I'm thinking the ZoomH4) and making my own sounds to upload and post them here on freesound to give back to the community.

1882 sounds
    1711 posts

SoundEffectsFactory wrote:
    I have spent countless hours these past few weeks ...

I started this thread 15 days ago, there are a countable number of hours in 15 days, (360).

It would take less than a day to go through your Freesound attribution list ... http://www.freesound.org/people/SoundEffectsFactory/downloaded_sounds/
    to check which of the Freesounds that you have used required attribution, and amend their descriptions on your dreadful YouTube channel accordingly.

I see that during those 15 days, during your "countless hours" of toil to check you have given content creators the attribution they deserve, you did find time to add new Freesounds to your channel, e.g. ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcXUUGZe1fk = http://www.freesound.org/people/zagi2/sounds/177904/ [ 3 days ago ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cbVjljyglU = http://www.freesound.org/people/7by7/sounds/77166/ [ 7 days ago ]

i.e. you were/are adding more Freesounds before you have given proper attribution to the Freesounds you have already used.

[ If anyone is taken-in by SEF's pleas of contrition I have some swampland I'd like to sell you ].

371 sounds
    251 posts

quote SoundEffectsFactory
    "AlienXXX you still claim there are 8 "violations" still, From around 420 videos that I had before without attribution, I think that only being 8 left now is a big step in the right direction."

No,No,No.....There are many more than 8 violations remaining on SEF's youtube channel.A way to confirm this is to look at his list of freesound downloads and,taking those with an attribution license,search through his youtube channel.He has shortened many of them but has not otherwise changed anything....this makes it relativly easy to match the sounds.Try it yourself!

It's hard to see justice being done here as long as youtube continues to allow him to sort this out,rather than taking action themselves.His response strategy is clearly to drag this out as long as possible and thus keep his scam running.

121 sounds
    1538 posts

Hey guys,

I've been asked to say something in here. This thing is: there is very litte we freesound-mods can do that you guys can't. File copyright infringement notices with youtube, that's the best way to handle this. If the sounds in question are tagged as non-commercial or if they are not attributed in a proper way for "attribution/nc" sounds.

If we (the mods/admins) can help with the copyright infringement notices we can step in though. But, @ youtube it probably means talking to an automated system.

In any case, SoundEffectsFactory (or whatever your username might be here), please clean up the mess you are making and go through all your sounds. If they breach the Freesound copyright either by not attributing for sounds released under the attribution license or by using sounds that are marked as non-commercial, they need to be removed ASAP. Creative Commons gives you a way to do what you are doing LEGALLY (by picking only the right sounds and attributing properly) so there is really no need to step on people's toes:

• Don't pick sounds licensed under the attribution-non-commercial license.

• If you pick a sound licensed under the attribution license, credit the original creator!

• If you pick a sound licensed under the CC-Zero license you don't have to do anything.

If you follow these 3 simple rules you can keep Freesound friendly towards yourself AND make some money on the work of others without breaching copyright. Wouldn't life be a lot easier then?

cheers,

- Bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    40 sounds
    29 posts

Bram wrote:

If you follow these 3 simple rules you can keep Freesound friendly towards yourself AND make some money on the work of others without breaching copyright. Wouldn't life be a lot easier then?

Yes that is what I have been trying to do. And thanks Bram for your post here. This whole thing started as myself misinterpreting the Attribution licence and now I am fixing my mistake. But most people don't realize the work I have been trying to do to fix this. As we speak I am currently going through my list of downloads AGAIN to see if I missed anything and will be correcting as neccesary. If some of my older uploads dont have any attribution you can assume its either CC0 from freesound, or from other sources. Even though in my recent uploads if the sound is CC0 I actually state it is "Used respectively under a CC0 licence" even though I'm not entitled to do so.

I dont know how many times I have said this but if any artists here feel violated or seek compensation, just send me a PM here and we can work something out.

Im trying to be as cooperative as I can but it seems as though most people in this thread (besides Bram, klankbeeld and qubodup) are picking apart everything I say here and not focusing on some of the good things. Such as how I have already deleted half the videos and that I will be investing into a Zoom H4N recorder to start recording my own sounds and giving back to the freesound community here.

121 sounds
    1538 posts

Thanks for replying, SoundEffectsFactory.

When you are done filtering your list maybe some of the freesounders can go through your list and find out if there are any other problems in there.

SoundEffectsFactory: Please let us know ASAP when you're finished going through the list.
    Freesounders: After SoundEffectsFactory has finished going through the list, just post the URL's to files still infringing.

kindest,

- bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    472 sounds
    118 posts

zagi2 wrote:
    I have also find my work on youyube by Sound Factory.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcXUUGZe1fk&list;=UUYIxR_86Ck0sCL26eVuumvQ&index;=2
    I know that my works are under CC licence but simple thanx would sometimes be enough.
    No. Instead of that, my loop is called sick. OK. I wont comment someone taste in music but in the same time I wont spitting on others. My loops are download by hundreds and already used in video games, video intros etc. SO!
    SHAME ON YOU...
    Pardon my poor English. I am from Bosnia and I am not native English speaker.

Zagi, for what it's worth, when the kids say "sick" these day, it means "really good". smile

217 sounds
    164 posts

Thanx for the English lessons. I already have one Grand Master English teacher from this site.
    . My point is,
    that so many people don`t realise that behind that DOWNLOAD button, no matter what is the license, (I am talking about politeness) stands human being, and it`s work and effort.

769 sounds
    815 posts

SEF still have to learn a lot.

People give very uncivilized comments on his re-uploads from fressound-user Setuniman like this;
    user menslady125; The copyright Nazis have struck again...I must take a stand...
    AtlBudtime; Oh , fuck the copyright bullshit, youtube needs 2 suck 1
    (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP0ebLLZwKE )

maybe there are more of these lines but I do not want to search for them.

These comments ( 5days old now ) are rude and uncivilized to family of victims of WW2 and to the freesounders who make a lot of effort to create the sounds.
    I do not see any response of SEF on these words.
    I hope SEF will react in very strong words to his users on his channel.

To hear, you first have to listen
    1310 sounds
    1386 posts

I agree the comments are disrespectfull and distastefull.
    However, I am not going to blame SEF for what some d***head posted on his channel as a comment. - Just as I would not expect people to blame me for comments others may post on my samples.

Hopefully SEF will delete the comments. But even if he doesn't, I would nto take that as an endorsement of what the comments say. Unless, of course he replies to the comments stating his agreement.

hmmmm..... erm..... I forgot...
    769 sounds
    815 posts

AlienXXX wrote:
    I agree the comments are disrespectfull and distastefull.
    However, I am not going to blame SEF for what some d***head posted on his channel as a comment. - Just as I would not expect people to blame me for comments others may post on my samples.

Hopefully SEF will delete the comments. But even if he doesn't, I would nto take that as an endorsement of what the comments say. Unless, of course he replies to the comments stating his agreement.

I will not blame because of the comment of others, but a response on it would be very nice.

262 sounds
    47 posts

He's set up a new channel to distribute other people's work, although in the description this time, he has attributed the sound to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxR5A765AuI

Click here to lend your support to: Freesound 2011-2012 donations and make a donation at www.pledgie.com !
    217 sounds
    164 posts

Lucky you smile It seems that critics work. (although not in my case)

1086 sounds
    395 posts

So the channel apparently has now moved to http://www.youtube.com/user/SoundEffectsArchive/videos

PS: It looks like sampling plus does not allow re-distribution of full size sound videos according to 3. a. ii: "You must either use the Work as an insubstantial portion of Your Derivative Work(s) or transform it into something substantially different from the original Work. In the case of a musical Work and/or audio recording, the mere synchronization ("synching") of the Work with a moving image shall not be considered a transformation of the Work into something substantially different."

(Just in case you find similar channels that do the same with CC-Sampling+ licensed sounds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF-ET29EozM for example)

Click here to lend your support to: Freesound 2011 donations and make a donation at www.pledgie.com !
    Donate to Freesound.org
    so it can serve even more and better sounds to you in the future!
    1310 sounds
    1386 posts

Saddly, this person has learned NOTHING from the experience.

Posted 3 days ago in his 'extra' channel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbY7AHvFzHk

which is the same as:
    http://www.freesound.org/people/Suz_Soundcreations/sounds/180539/

SEF now has the cheek to post this with the following attribution:
    "Used respectively under a Creative Commons 0 Licence."
    The original sound by freesounder Suz_Soundcreations is Atrribution License.

Needless is to say that all of this has been explained to him before. So he knows what he is doing is wrong.

hmmmm..... erm..... I forgot...
    769 sounds
    815 posts

AlienXXX wrote:
    Saddly, this person has learned NOTHING from the experience.

BUT.....

Whatever will happen, SEF is having a hard time no.

To send hime some support I sing a song
    ;
    And now the end is near
    And so you face the final curtain
    My friend, we'll say it clear
    you'll state your case of which you certain
    you lived a life that's full
    you'll travelled each and every highway
    And more, much more than this
    you did it your way

217 sounds
    164 posts

and skip one chapter...

Yes, there were times, He`s sure we knew
    When he bit off more than he could chew
    But through it all, when there was doubt
    He ate it up and spit it out
    He faced it all and he stood tall and did it his way ...