Forums

4 posts

0 sounds
    1 post
    Usage for tvc

Sorry if this had been discussed before. If I want to use bits of samples and mash it up for a tvc, would it be legal to use?

527 sounds
    651 posts

TVC = TV Channel ?

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    230 sounds
    129 posts

more likely Television Commercial - and the reason they are asking perhaps is that there aren't credits on a TVC..

and/or if you do a film "*they*" are unlikely to want to give credits as follows.. ( *the people paying for the film - hopefully paying u for the film.. )

lightening flash in some random scene halfway thru by martian

door close ( kitchen ) freddie (uk)

aircon hiss - Julie

wind by fartinyourdirection

sword swish by sam

etc endless list in a 90 minute film or even a busy 20 minute film...

sorry! bit of serious fun?

:idea: I guess you could make a webpage - but then the ad company may get pi$$ed if you put the ad online without permission...

is that your answer?

thinking about practicalities- I suppose if you mash it up beyond recognition then you're ok...

as it's a new work and they cant recognise it!

I think copyright only goes as far as recognisable - so using someones door slam as a snare / or bass guiatar d string open and other sampled single notes that they put on the internet and making it to a riff is ok I think..

but 4 bars of them whistling something or making any sort of tune is gonna require permission...

of course ( ducking ) I could be wrong...

I'll say this tho - I pretty much suppose that of the 3000 people who downloaded some of my samples I got like 3 requests... so what do the other 2997 kleptomaniacs do? tongue

zoom h4 sound pro binaural Red Audio Various Cap Mic's www.fork-media.com http://www.youtube.com/user/forksoundservices?ob=0&feature;=results_main
    18 sounds
    456 posts

Usage in advertisements is not allowed with CC-Sampling+ license. Currently, all Freesounds are licensed that way, may change in the near future.
    However, if you really must use a Freesound, in an ad, without attribution, of course you can ask permission from the uploader.
    For all usage allowed by the license, explicit permission is not needed.

4 posts