Forums

4 posts

0 sounds
    1 post
    clarifying what I can do

Hi all.
    Have just joined the site and would like to firstly say thanks to all for every thing. It's a great site and I hope to start to get involved in adding some of my own files.
    I have a question though, regarding what i can use downloaded files for.
    I read the information but was still a bit unclear.

I am working for a theatre company and we are devising a play about a woman who goes to new york. I wanted to have some background sound to create a bit of atmosphere. What I was planning on doing was taking some of the files I find here, or others that I have, and layering them in a mixer to create a fuller, richer sound.

I was planning on using bits of a file and layering it with that of others, to create a different effect from the original.
    We would then be playing this to an audience at intervals throughout our play.

Does this sound like the sort of thing that I can do?

I know that i have to credit the original sources somehow, but I am wondering, is it ok to go ahead with doing this kind of editing?

many thanks to all!

iamere

10 sounds
    95 posts

one option is to pm the uploaders of the used samples and ask them if it is ok for them if you don`t credit them.

527 sounds
    651 posts

I am wondering, is it ok to go ahead with doing this kind of editing?

Yes

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    915 sounds
    844 posts

I feel right intension iamere,

you can use my sonds if you can use them.

To hear, you first have to listen

4 posts