Forums

19 posts

1373 sounds
    400 posts
    Before I forget, a film

I have to mention this one. I found it moving, see what you think. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2401878/

Trouble runs, far away, in the night.
    328 sounds
    2752 posts

I always love your film recommendations. And so, as usual I will let you know what I think of this when I get round to watching it.

Cheers

I am the thing that goes bump in the night...

1373 sounds
    400 posts

Honestly Headphaze, I don't know if "moving" was the right word, I was in a hurry to leave. I walked in without even knowing it was animated (a medium I find hard to relate to as I get older) or anything about the story. Needless to say, it had some emotional effect upon me; that to me is a good film. Beyond that, I can't say. I suppose it's the same thing as moving. Probably why John Cassavetes is one of my favourite directors, well, some of his.

There are many more that I've watched recently and enjoyed, so just to let you know, I've considered a Blog, in a catalogue sense i.e no reviews, just minimal comment (for reasons obvious). We'll see.

Have you seen 10 Cloverfield Lane? Don't read anything about it. I'm sure you must have seen it though? I'm saying nothing about it smile

13 sounds
    394 posts

Nothing wrong with animated, if it's done right, hence Ghibli and Tim Burton are at the top of my fav list.

I'm going to watch out and hope it comes out on UK Freeview some time. (Don't do DVD, web or Sky films.)

Trailer looks like it promises moving and thoughtful.

Heaven in the sky is to die for, Heaven on earth is to live for.
    328 sounds
    2752 posts

TRT

I have heart of 10 Cloverfield Lane, but I have never seen it. If you recommend then i'll try it out. Again, when I have some time; i'm just working back-to-back at the moment.

P.S. I was going to fix something that I did a while back that got vaporised into oblivion. It was something along the lines of a community film blog, but it got lost when the parent site got shut down. I have been meaning to start it up again, I have a post-it note already reminding me, I just have to get round to doing it. I'll keep you posted because I would like you to get involved. smile

56 sounds
    121 posts

I decided to give this film a go and watch it last night, i remember watching the trailer and thinking it was a very different kind of movie lol but after watching the actual film it was a lot more depressing than i thought it was, did it move me? not really, but overall i still love how unique it is and overall really liked it as a film, would probably watch it again someday.

1373 sounds
    400 posts

strangely_gnarled wrote:
    Nothing wrong with animated, if it's done right, hence Ghibli and Tim Burton are at the top of my fav list.

I'm going to watch out and hope it comes out on UK Freeview some time. (Don't do DVD, web or Sky films.)

Trailer looks like it promises moving and thoughtful.

Absolutely not, but for some reason I've developed an avoidance complex. I remember one that I watched with my daughter some years ago, Coraline, which I found quite unsettling and of course fascinating. Perhaps that's what did it. No, I can't put the blame on that. Ah, now I remember. It was the time when she was Eleven or so and going through her Pokemon phase, that was hellish viewing. I can't put the blame on that either.

May I suggest two things? Kodi and Super Repo. There you go, I just did. Figure the rest out for your self. Don't worry, Kodi is legal.

I used to love Jan Svankmajer, Bill Plympton etc and all that weird shit when Channel 4 and the BBC used to show that stuff. Ah, but the smoke has dispersed and I don't watch "normal" TV anymore. And then I wake up in the morning wondering what I was thinking.

1373 sounds
    400 posts

Headphaze wrote:
    TRT

I have heart of 10 Cloverfield Lane, but I have never seen it. If you recommend then i'll try it out. Again, when I have some time; i'm just working back-to-back at the moment.

P.S. I was going to fix something that I did a while back that got vaporised into oblivion. It was something along the lines of a community film blog, but it got lost when the parent site got shut down. I have been meaning to start it up again, I have a post-it note already reminding me, I just have to get round to doing it. I'll keep you posted because I would like you to get involved. smile

HP

John Goodman is brilliant in that film, so, when you have time. Don't take my word for it though. I recently tried to watch El Topo again and really struggled with the last half hour. Once it was one of my favourites.

About P.S: Ich bin gespannt.

Don't work too hard.

Oh, and another that springs to mind, Under the Skin. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1441395/

1373 sounds
    400 posts

Kodack wrote:
    I decided to give this film a go and watch it last night, i remember watching the trailer and thinking it was a very different kind of movie lol but after watching the actual film it was a lot more depressing than i thought it was, did it move me? not really, but overall i still love how unique it is and overall really liked it as a film, would probably watch it again someday.

Yeah, it is kinda depressing. One of those human condition motifs; you have everything, but just don't appreciate or see it. That's my recollection anyway. I don't think I'd watch it again, I save that for Woody Allen films. smile

328 sounds
    2752 posts

toiletrolltube wrote:
    Oh, and another that springs to mind, Under the Skin.

All i'll say is that this is in my top 10 movies of all time. wink

We'll save the discussion for another time.

1373 sounds
    400 posts

Headphaze wrote:
    toiletrolltube wrote:
    Oh, and another that springs to mind, Under the Skin.

All i'll say is that this is in my top 10 movies of all time. wink

We'll save the discussion for another time.

Well Headphaze, it seems we share an affinity in our cinematic tastes. As much as I'd like, I'm unlikely to discuss these things. They either do something for/to me or don't and I don't possess the intellectual capacity to delineate the experience. I am partial however to a bit of mainstream junk from time to time smile For example: Red and Red2, or the Ocean's series (I'm not a snob, hardly, not even inverted), but for some reason (despite the high ratings) I always thought the Die Hard films were shit.

I would also like to thank you (headphaze and all others) for your understanding and tolerance of an idiot like me. I don't seek sympathy or acceptance and I'll damn you all to hell in a minute (I wouldn't of couse, I'd damn myself). But how does this all work? Because you are the most amazing people I've met on the internet. I shouldn't say these things, but I like to laugh when I have a huge bottle of Vodka flowing into my system.

Love to all and my apologies for being an idiot dickhead at times.

328 sounds
    2752 posts

Dude, I've forgotten about it already. Don't worry so much about it. Just a little blip on the radar that's all.

p.s. the Die Hard movies were indeed pretty shit from my perspective, so I concur. smile

328 sounds
    2752 posts

narutoit2016 wrote:
    The good movie. I like them

Which movie/movies are you referring to?

13 sounds
    394 posts

Headphaze, narutoit2016 isn't referring to any film. They have neither uploaded nor downloaded any sounds nor made any meaningful contribution. Look at the profile and notice it's only purpose is to distribute a link to some other website. Over the last few months I've noticed a many new accounts which do the same thing, posting meaningless comments to look like legitimate users, but non the less just another form of spammer diluting the content at Freesound. Occasionally the links are vaguely sound oriented but most times they are not. I personally wouldn't have a problem with a new user signing just to promote their genuine audio App with a single post in Off Topic, but using inane comments in other peoples threads is pure spam.

Wibby

narutoit2016 wrote:
    The good movie. I like them

328 sounds
    2752 posts

That post/reply was actually a probe. There is currently suspicion hanging around that it's a bot account.

13 sounds
    394 posts

Hi Headphaze

Yeah, I'd actually figured you'd be astute enough to see that. Sorry, I was just being more brazen in my response to kick everyone's attention. I usually just mark these posts as spam, and hope the mods will follow through and get my logic, but some I've re-visited are(were) still there. I guess the spammers have noticed that these accounts don't ring alarm bells and get deleted in the same way as the mega-spams.

I'll try to be more diplomatic and sound less "know-it-all-y" in future replies.

Regards
    Wibby

328 sounds
    2752 posts

Wibby. Don't worry dude, you were right in pointing it out, I was only alerted this morning about the user. You were probably aware loooong before I had a clue about it.

Fortunately the bot has been deleted now by admin, hence the missing replies. Another one bites the dust.

Stay frosty, there are more out there smile

dp

0 sounds
    4 posts

sound like a motivational movie. I love movies that inspires and motivate you

0 sounds
    1 post

About to start watching this movie. Review is comming sooooon!

19 posts