Forums

9 posts

3 sounds
    120 posts
    Spam PMs

I just received a PM from a user (that has only been here for 4 hours!)

One of those emails telling you to email your contact details for some b*llsh*t reason. I'm not stupid, you know! I know when people are just trying to find out all about me! I marked it as spam! But it's so annoying! This is a site for uploading and downloading sounds for God's sake! Has anyone else had any spammy PMs?

Mudkipz rule!
    121 sounds
    1565 posts

Pls let me know the user and I shall delete.

- bram

Admin | Support | Freesound Benevolent Dictator For Life | ...
    329 sounds
    66 posts

Indeed, I had the same spam.

It was a good laugh to read!

3 sounds
    120 posts

The user has been deleted (his message isn't in my messages anymore!

I think his name was lawyerm or something.

Mudkipz rule!
    3 sounds
    120 posts

I just got another one! I reported it as spam!

Mudkipz rule!
    1707 sounds
    1050 posts

Mudkip2016 wrote:
    I just got another one! I reported it as spam!

Me to and reported as spam

To hear, you first have to listen
    73 sounds
    88 posts

Hi,

I have reported them in the past, but now I seem to get them so often (sometimes TWENTY from the SAME person!) that I just BIN them now. Otherwise it just ends up being a full time job . . .

Ta,

Paul

Fender Rhodes Suitcase / Fender Rhodes Stage / Hohner E7 Clavinet / Yamaha DX7 Mk1 & DX21 / Nord Stage 88 Classic / Mini Moog / Multi Moog / Korg Poly 61 / Roland Juno 6 / Roland XV5050 (module). Cubase Pro 8.5 / Sibelius 7. Dell Inspiron 3737, Windows 10 Professional, 1.70GHz, 16GB RAM, 64-bit, Intel Core i3.
    1991 sounds
    2140 posts

monsterjazzlicks wrote:
    I have reported them in the past, but now I seem to get them so often (sometimes TWENTY from the SAME person!) that I just BIN them now. Otherwise it just ends up being a full time job . . .

I would say you only need to report 1 spam message from each user. Then delete it and all other messages from that user. The spammer is likely to be contacting several people, not just you, so very quickly he/she will get a few spam button hits - that will flag it up for the admins, and then is a matter of time for that account to be deleted. Sometimes could be a couple of days, sometimes only a couple of minutes. Depends if an Admin is immediately available to look at it.

As for spamin the forums - NEVER reply to it. Even if it is tempting to do so!
    Replies just bring that thread to the top again and makes it more visible. Spammer love that.
    Instead just press the spamn button and ignore.

Thanks

I want to believe.
    73 sounds
    88 posts

Alien,

I used to reply with infuriating profanities, but I think someone on this forum warned me about feeding into the spammer.

Ta,

Pau

Fender Rhodes Suitcase / Fender Rhodes Stage / Hohner E7 Clavinet / Yamaha DX7 Mk1 & DX21 / Nord Stage 88 Classic / Mini Moog / Multi Moog / Korg Poly 61 / Roland Juno 6 / Roland XV5050 (module). Cubase Pro 8.5 / Sibelius 7. Dell Inspiron 3737, Windows 10 Professional, 1.70GHz, 16GB RAM, 64-bit, Intel Core i3.

9 posts