Forums

5 posts

70 sounds
    134 posts
    Film of audio-gatherage

I made a short film of one of my audio-gathering expeditions, which is now available on youtube, if anybody's interested. smile

1134 sounds
    284 posts

That was fun, thanks a lot!

I need to get one of those very, very purple fluffy thingies to cover the mics, I love it!

- LG

Life is probably good
    70 sounds
    134 posts

LG
    That was fun, thanks a lot!

I need to get one of those very, very purple fluffy thingies to cover the mics, I love it!

Hahahah, you're welcome, and thank you very much!

If you've got a mic which is a similar size to a Shure SM58/Beta 58A or Audio Technica AT8010/ATM10a, I'd be happy to make you a big friendly purple fluffball, I've got loads of extra material.

On the day it worked like a dream - although the camera mic did pick up some wind noise through its own fluffball windscreen which came with it, the purple fluffball blocked all the wind noise. I know it was working because I saw the fluff flinging around in the wind, but heard no wind noise in the headphones or in the recording.

Actually I was a bit worried that one of the horses would spot it and think it was a bunny or something and shy away, but fortunately that didn't happen. smile

70 sounds
    134 posts

Microscopia
    Well done Spleencast - was that just the camera audio heard in the video or had you done some mixing with the H4n audio?

ps. Your cameraman needs to keep fit - sounds as if he's puffing a bit and struggling to keep up. :lol:

Thank you! smile That was just the camera audio alone - I had an external mic attached which does capture quite excellent sound though, the Sony ECM HQP1 with included fluffy windscreen, like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130359308178

My partner and I had a bit of a mad dash to catch up to the horses on our street, so that's why he was a bit puffed. tongue Also he was holding it near his mouth and the mic is quite sensitive.

Or an alternative response ...

Yeah, he's so lame, he couldn't keep up, you're right, I'm going to see if I can get a new one under warranty. tongue

1134 sounds
    284 posts

If you've got a mic which is a similar size to a Shure SM58/Beta 58A or Audio Technica AT8010/ATM10a, I'd be happy to make you a big friendly purple fluffball, I've got loads of extra material.

Thanks a lot, that's sweet. However, I use a Sony PCM-D50 and that is a little bit more complicated. Anyways, I already started experimenting with foam and general fluffiness and I'll post some pics soon in the "what's in your bag" thread.

- LG

edit: typo

Life is probably good

5 posts