My name's Graeme - I'm currently curating a new festival in Brighton between the 6th - 8th of August on the broad theme of field recording and am looking for specialists within this area to give performances, workshops, lectures and demonstrations.
In particular I am looking for:
* musicians who incorporate field-recording as a large part of their work
* musicians who deal specifically with spatial acoustics/unusual venues
* sound-recordists for documentary
* foley artists
* sound scientists, archivists and ethnograhers
As well as work that fits into the following areas:
* Field of Vision: short video/film works exploring recording in the field in a purely visual way. No sound. Max. 3 minutes. Submit to address below.
* Sound in Nature: short video/film works that utilise and emphasise natural sound. DVD only. Max. 30 minutes. Submit to address below.
* Field Performers: musicians or acts specialising in performing in outdoor/public space, engaging with odd acoustic environments, live re-recording/mixing, field recording specialists etc.
1. Send links to your myspace/bandcamp/last.fm/other page
2. Send with it a brief synopsis of how you would like to be involved - we are particularly interested in supporting new work within this area. Max 500 words
Looking forward to hearing from you! PS. the above is just a guide - send anything you think may be of interest!
19 Hollingdean Terrace