Forums

6 posts

0 sounds
    2 posts
    Thunderous opening for a play

Hi everyone,

Just found this site and I'm hoping that someone here can help me out. I am looking for a sustained file of thunder and lightning. It must last for about thirty seconds and have a huge thunderous beginning. I have tried mixing various wav files but am having a problem getting it to sound right. I have been on this project for about three or four weeks now.

Could anybody please lead me in the general direction of where I could find such a file. Would be greatly appreciated.

I am using Soundforge to try and produce this effect which is to be used in a production in February next year, but not doing very well at it.

Many thanks

Ray

186 sounds
    319 posts

Have you tried Richard Humpries thunders? They are hi quality and long duration.

59 sounds
    13 posts

A common trick for making thunder is to get a recording of a gun shot and pitch it down an octave or so. Layer a few, add a little reverb and you should get something useful.

--------- ------- ----- ---- --- -- - - - - - k.m.krebs \ 833-45 : http://833-45.net/ --------- ------- ----- ---- --- -- - - - - -
    0 sounds
    2 posts

Hi Guys

Many thanks for your valuable advice. I couldnt downlad the file because something has happened to my Windows Media Player but I will certainly have a go at the second suggestion.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks once again

Ray

258 sounds
    355 posts

is your media player set to play mp3? if not set it to do so and you'll beable to hear the files.

121 sounds
    1545 posts

try installing winamp - the largest free version - it plays just about every format in freesound...

- bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.

6 posts