Forums

6 posts

0 sounds
    4 posts
    Horse foot steps on metal

Hello all!

I'm working on finishing up an indie short film, and am having trouble finding some sounds. I'm looking for a horse standing a big metal plate or grate of some kind for animated CG horse. Looking for it clawing at the ground with one of its front feet and then some idle steps.

I've found lots of horse steps, but not quite what I'm looking for - and I'm not set up to do foley myself unfortunately.

Would love to hear if anyone has anything like this.

Thanks!
    Arlo

3 sounds
    3 posts

hi there! i dont have access to a horse and metal plate, but it might work to convolute some horse hoof steps with a metallic clang which is in time with the hoof steps? just a thought! regards, zachary coe

0 sounds
    4 posts

Hi thanks - Yeah, I haven't worked with convolution much, but I'll definitely take a look at that.

I still have to find some clean real or very realistic horse hooves... happy

3 sounds
    3 posts

I tried convoluting a random horse hoof sample with a metallic ping, but it doesnt really work that well...i dont have any really good quality horse hoof recordings, but if you find one your best bet might be to play that with a metallic ping placed just a tiny bit after the hoof hit begins...if i find a good hoof sound in my travels i'll let you know! good luck with it smile sorry i cant be of more help!

3 sounds
    3 posts

p.s. forgot to say, f-scape is a great little free programme which does convolution very well, have a look when u have time! smile

0 sounds
    4 posts

Hey thanks!

I'm actually using Adobe Audition CS5.5 which can pull in impulse files and things - so I think I can do what you're saying (which really wouldn't require that anyway I guess wink

I'll see what I can do about finding some good horse hooves sounds.

Cheers!

6 posts