Forums

7 posts

0 sounds
    5 posts
    Need loud horn type wav please

Hello,

I am no sound guy and not sure what I need to ask for. I am installing a bell system for a small alternative school. They have High school students and Intermediate students in the same building but on different schedules. We have a "bell" already. We bought a new system that is actually just speakers and we can have custome wav file sounds added in. The free wav files I have tried do not work giving message that they the Sample Rate is over 22050.

So I need something like a air horn with a wav file under 256k and a sample rate under 22050. Does that make since?

Any suggestions on the actual sound is appriciated. Just need something different then a "bell" , loud, and not an alarm type. It is a sound to end/start the next class period.

-Foxfire Schools

527 sounds
    651 posts

http://www.freesound.org/search/?q=air+horn&f;=&s;=num_downloads+desc&advanced;=0

Change the sample rate to suit (audacity is free )

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    0 sounds
    5 posts

I like thi one: http://www.freesound.org/people/guitarguy1985/sounds/68999/

I do not see how I can change the sample rate.

0 sounds
    5 posts

Nevermind .. I think I can figure it out now. Thsnks!

0 sounds
    5 posts

Now I get an error saying the bit rate is higher then 8. The lowest I see ( if looking correctly) is 16 in that program sad

How do I reduce to 8bit ?

0 sounds
    5 posts

I figured out a way and a sound I think will work. I used that app to generate a tone with some effects. Also figured out how to get to 8bit. I may be all set.

183 sounds
    30 posts

Hi,
    Just to make things clear, one thing is sample rate, other resolution and another channels. This may also cause problems. If there is an documentation, you should check it, what samplerate and resolution is required and if file should be mono or stereo.

Check out my CC Licensed music

7 posts