Forums

6 posts

0 sounds
    4 posts
    Heart Inside

I'm looking for the sound you can hear when you are doing an echocardiography of the heart.
    The sound of the blood flowing inside the heart.
    But not a synthetic track, the original one.
    I tried to ask it to the hospital when i've done mine echocardiography,
    but they give the registration only worse cases. grin
    Anyone can help me?

Ps: sorry for my bad english. grin

119 sounds
    102 posts

Hi,
    My understanding is that an echocardiogram is an ultrasound technique used for imaging - I don't think you actually hear anything with it. Maybe you just want the sound of a real heartbeat?

I've tried to record the sound of my own heart using a Tascam digital recorder - I just held one of the built-in mics on to my chest and recorded the sound.

http://www.freesound [dot] org/people/Speedenza/sounds/176590/ - awaiting moderation (which can take a day or so)

Edit: There are a number of other heartbeat recordings in the database if you search on 'heartbeat'. Maybe there's a doctor on here who'll clarify the sounds they hear using their different diagnostic methods...

0 sounds
    4 posts

I thought the same as you about the imaging, but when i was there i heard a sound (the one i'm talking to) and the doctor explained to me what it was.
    The real problem is that I can't remember how it was also able to record also that particular sound.
    He also explained to me that in same cases thay save the record on an .avi file with images and sound, but also on youtube I haven't already found a video with also the sound.
    It's a bit frustrating. grin

Thanks a lot for the effort but I looked on all the site before starting that topic and now my pc is full of heartbeat samples. grin

I also found a sample that is really close to the one i'm looking for.
    http://www.freesound [dot] org/people/Robinhood76/sounds/163066/
    For now i'll work with that one. grin

119 sounds
    102 posts

Interesting - thanks for the info. I'm guessing that it's an indirect recording method where they model the blood flow based on the ultrasound images and create a sound from that. Presumably this gives a better indication of blood flow or tells the doctor something that supplements the visual information. We need a cardiologist...

0 sounds
    4 posts

Don't worry. The 13th February I have to do another echocardiography.
    I'll write down how they do it to be sure to remember it or i'll convience them to give me the registration. grin
    I'll share the outcome...

0 sounds
    4 posts

You got it!! Great!!!

6 posts