Forums

4 posts

0 sounds
    2 posts
    German Short Movie

Hello, i did this a while ago and used some sounds from here, thanks a lot to all freesounders, this project is really great, i always find what i need here smile
    vimeo.com/17116379
    sorry, i didn´t mentioned the uploaders, shame on me, next time i will.
    Greetings Jens

70 sounds
    134 posts

SoundofHamburg
    Hello, i did this a while ago and used some sounds from here, thanks a lot [...] i always find what i need here smile [...] sorry, i didn´t mentioned the uploaders, shame on me, next time i will.

Well, if you don't change your film to include proper credit for the sounds you used, then you are in breach of copyright.

Attribution isn't just friendly, it is a legal requirement. I wish more people understood that.

And I don't understand how a person can make a whole movie with hours and hours of effort and creativity, but can't take even a moment to credit the people whose work they used?

0 sounds
    2 posts

Okay, i tried to figure out who was the uploader but i renamed the file and i havent got it in my attribution list... as i said: I am sorry.
    You didnt even watched the movie so if i hadn´t mentioned i didn´t credit the uploader you wouldn´t even know it. Nevertheless thanks for replying...

70 sounds
    134 posts

SoundofHamburg
    Okay, i tried to figure out who was the uploader but i renamed the file and i havent got it in my attribution list... as i said: I am sorry.
    You didnt even watched the movie so if i hadn´t mentioned i didn´t credit the uploader you wouldn´t even know it. Nevertheless thanks for replying...

A breach is still a breach whether other people know it or not.

On another note, your user page has a link to the files you downloaded, and you can find everything you downloaded there: http://www.freesound.org/usersDownloads.php?id=1925613

4 posts