Currently being used for the robot character in the hit game on the ITunes AppStore, Crossy Road.
This is called "Three-Legged Robot Walker with Loose Parts" because it was a Foley assignment for my Sound Design course. This was one of the obscure things the professor gave the class that we had to interoperate and create using only our own recorded/edited foley effects. The class voted on the best one, and mine turned out to be the winner.
Here are the sounds I recorded:
- The "loose parts" sounds were a slightly unscrewed valve on a trumpet.
- The hydraulic leg-lifting noise was a hatch door opening on a van.
- The metal foot hitting the ground was me banging on a metal garage door.
- The humming engine noise (it's quiet) was a roll of duct tape spun on a wooden board.
- The various other clanks and pops were the same trumpet noises, just edited a bunch.
Please log in to comment