Comments for sounds by JohnLaVine333

JohnLaVine333 1 week, 5 days ago

Glad you thin so romulofs!

...thanks for your comment :]

romulofs 1 week, 6 days ago

This is gold!

JohnLaVine333 1 month ago

Glad you think so Friend Howl :]

On sound: Hok.wav
    F_Howl 1 month ago

Beautiful!

On sound: Hok.wav
    JohnLaVine333 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Hey there pepermintlady,

Glad I could make it available. The tune it was recorded for went nowhere. So the file was just sitting around collecting digital dust.

Enjoy√

Yeah!

Glad I could help! :]

kafboj 1 month, 4 weeks ago

thanks

JohnLaVine333 2 months ago

Sure TikiTiki!

You don't have to ask! :]

This page will tell you what your legal rights are with regard to this sound:

Every upload on FreeSound has a license. You can find that information on the right side of the page, directly beneath the yellow "Download" button√

This particular recording is licensed as "Attribution/Noncommercial", which means two things...

1st it means that you are supposed to credit me, that is... tell other people where you got the sound from. But, I don't really care about that :] You can use the recording & you don't have to make a big deal about letting everyone know just exactly where you got it from... just don't pretend it's YOU playing my Flute!!! :P

The 2nd condition of the license is more important to me. The "noncommercial" clause means you aren't allowed to make any money off the recording. That one is more of an issue for me. But, of course, if you're using it for your fifth grade school work... that's probably not even a concern, huh?

I hope you get a good grade! Don't get old too quick! ...it's not as fun as being a fifth grader!!!

On sound: Flute.wav
    TikiTikiAnimations 2 months ago

Can I use this in a video for my own and for my schoolclass?
    I am in fith grade.
    Yes or No?

On sound: Flute.wav
    JohnLaVine333 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Hey lulu,

...just a piece of unsolicited advice, don't use "windows media player". It sucks. Least of all as it outputs .wma files... which are garbage.

But yeah, .aif, .aiff & .aifc are formats created by MacIntosh computers. Since windows media player is microsoft, they've decided to not support this format. If you run into this issue again, as you may with file formats other than just the above mentioned... simply convert them to some variant of .wav. I hope that helps :]

As for licensing... It is indeed mine. My recording, with my equipment, of me, playing my Flute... with Music I made up in my head. Which, as it was improvised... just kinda came out how it did. I felt, after the fact... that it seemed to have sort of a Chinese æsthetic. Though I am not Chinese, nor trained in Chinese Musical traditions. So I simply wanted to give a nod to the apparent influence. I meant it sounds as if to evince Chinese affectations.

Don't worry about attributing me... just don't use it commercially. I.e... don't make money off my work.

I really don't care about attribution. I simply don't have the option of waiving that caveat, without also sacrificing the noncommercial clause as well.

Thanks for wanting to be responsible & respectful. Hopefully you feel as though I've followed suit. Have a nice day :]

On sound: KùnChángdí.aif
    lululangues 2 months, 2 weeks ago

If I use this under the attribution license, am I attributing it to the uploader? Sorry if that's a stupid question, but the uploader's comment "sounded kinda Chinese to me" makes it sound like not his...

On sound: KùnChángdí.aif
    lululangues 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Ah. I couldn't get it to play, then I read the comments. Does not play in Windows Media Player. Plays in Quicktime.

On sound: KùnChángdí.aif
    JohnLaVine333 2 months, 3 weeks ago

Awesome RoseBleue!

...glad to be of service! :]

RoseBleue 2 months, 3 weeks ago

I needed someone speaking in a language that wasn't Spanish or Italian for a party were guests are talking about their lives in a scene in a class project and this is super perfect!

JohnLaVine333 3 months, 1 week ago

Well that's great!

...makes 'em worth uploading!

eyerockking 3 months, 1 week ago

im gonna try this .. thanks i think its what I've been looking for

JohnLaVine333 3 months, 1 week ago

Gotta love feedback :] ...does some amazing things√

On sound: Dialing.aif
    JohnLaVine333 3 months, 1 week ago

Actually ...maybe I was thinking more "Amnesiac". Anyway, nice stuffffff√ Thanks for sharing! :]

On sound: IMG_1875.WAV
    JohnLaVine333 3 months, 1 week ago

Well,

it took me long enough! Hahahaha! But i've finally sifted through my mail & taken the time to listen.

This intro is cool... it makes me think a bit of Thom York... the way he worked with pitching voices on latter stuff like "Kid A" & "the Eraser".

Something different completely once the intro opens up to the pre-verse! Real nice Vocal capture & slightly gritty patina on that pumping Bass√

Lots of progression... cool stuff! Glad you found a use for those old recordings!

On sound: IMG_1875.WAV
    juxtaONE 3 months, 2 weeks ago

brilliant!

On sound: Dialing.aif
    andreas85dk 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Haha, what a small world. Here's the "secret" link: https://soundcloud.com/andreasbjoernmadsen/artless-society-the-faulty/s-SwzUl

On sound: IMG_1875.WAV
    JohnLaVine333 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Yeah,

my ex is from Aarhus. We lived in Nørrebro, in København. I've never been to Jutland.

I'd like to hear it... but the link you sent is just like you copied the url. That doesn't work with private tracks. You have to click the "share" button beneath the player & give me the "secret link" :]

Here's my SoundCloud & BandCamp pages, in case you're interested:

SoundCloud.com/Caalamus

Caalamus.BandCamp.com

On sound: IMG_1875.WAV
    andreas85dk 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Thanks.. that's greatly appreciated. We spent quite a bit of our savings on recording it at a proper studio and hiring a great mixing engineer, so that definitely helped ;-) We're based in Aarhus, the second largest city in Denmark. I also worked some of your other samples into another song, but unfortunately we've never gotten around to record that track and actually dropped it from our setlist a while ago.. I have a homemade cubase demo of it here: https://soundcloud.com/andreasbjoernmadsen/artless-society-the-faulty

On sound: IMG_1875.WAV
    JohnLaVine333 3 months, 4 weeks ago

Hey Andreas,

glad I could be of service :]

That recording was likely made with a Canon A95 digital camera. Definitely not "hi fi" :P

Whereas, in listening to your upload... I must say, your production values are quite high.

...hvor er du på Danmark?

On sound: IMG_1875.WAV
    andreas85dk 4 months ago

Great sample.. love the lofi feeling. I used with my band, Artless Society, on this song:

On sound: IMG_1875.WAV
    JohnLaVine333 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Right on, glad I could help :]

On sound: Fret Noise
    klaatubes 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Just perfect, very useful split second of the desired noise I needed, thanks John LaVine.

On sound: Fret Noise