I play some rock drum beats. Improvised but with a few different themes. Also individual drums and cymbals. Just trying out some mics and recording/mixing stuff. Not a perfectly executed recording...
Recorded with 6 close mics (kick, snare, 2 overheads, 2 tom mics on 4 toms) on a Zoom H6 with input module. Eq and dynamics (gate/compressor) applied on computer.
Drums: Tama superstar hyperdrive birch. Snare: Tama Starphonic Maple 14x6 medium tuning. Cymbals: Zildjian K custom dark hihat + ride + crash, Agop signature jazz ride, Zildjian A Custom fast crash + efx crash.
- Rock beat, uptempo, with fills, ride and hihat.
- Kit parts one by one
- Rock / disco beat medium, "four on the floor", syncopated.
- Second line type / New Orleans / Marching band beat on snare.
- Medium funky beat with 1/16th hihat. Repeated in higher tempo.
- Medium laid back beat with hihat.
- Slow laid back beat switching between hihat and ride with tom fills.
- Heavy crash ride beat medium tempo, switches to open hihat and crash.
- Tom fills / tom+kick exercise
- Snare buzz roll
- Snare fills
- Shuffle beat with same fill on different toms
- Shuffle or 12/8 beat with syncopated accent
- Swing jazz beat, ride and then hihat
- Shuffle beats, hihat and then ride, ends in big ending fill
- Some loose jazzy beats
Tell me if you like and / or use any of it. Feel free to add requests!
Please log in to comment