Comments for sounds by freemaster2

21 comments

Crater RF 1 week, 3 days ago

Nice Pack. Thanks a lot!

On sound: meow9.wav
    freemaster2 2 months, 1 week ago

Glad to be of help. What are you using it for out of interest?

On sound: meow8.wav
    ziamarina 2 months, 1 week ago

and again...

On sound: meow6.wav
    ziamarina 2 months, 1 week ago

Thanks again !

On sound: meow2.wav
    ziamarina 2 months, 1 week ago

just what I was looking for ! Thanks !!!

On sound: meow8.wav
    Wolf_Lover10 4 months ago

Evil cat from the underworld... AWESOME, I love it

On sound: meow9.wav
    freemaster2 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Thanks

On sound: Creepy Ambience
    rainergeis 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Awesome sound!

On sound: Creepy Ambience
    freemaster2 4 months, 3 weeks ago

I try my best to track my sources but not always possible

On sound: Time travel
    dazukiman 4 months, 3 weeks ago

very nice. Thankyou

On sound: Time travel
    dheming 7 months, 1 week ago

Tons of artifacts that aren't in the original.

On sound: freemaster2
    luke_orrin 1 year, 1 month ago

Great effect. Using it for a kid's game I'm making for fun.

On sound: meow9.wav
    Ailynn12345 1 year, 2 months ago

Cute:-)

On sound: meow9.wav
    freemaster2 1 year, 2 months ago

I did in the description

On sound: Time travel
    qubodup 1 year, 2 months ago

Please make sure to give exact credit to other authors, especially if their license requires that. See http://www.freesound.org/home/attribution/ for a list of what you used.

On sound: Time travel
    freemaster2 1 year, 2 months ago

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill here. Does the "a man" bit really matter that much? I've tweaked the link so works now (the ")" was messing up the link).

I just needed the clip for a video and thought I'd upload it for other users. My editor? It's just me, a student with Adobe Audition. I wasn't trying to edit anything really, just eliminate the annoying radio whine for a segment.

Batsumaru 1 year, 2 months ago

scary meow

On sound: meow9.wav
    zimbot 1 year, 2 months ago

Ah, I figured it out. Your original description is providing the hyperlink with the closing parenthesis as part of the URL. Could be another bug in the freesound web code, or maybe you used an explicit <a> element and accidentally included the parenthesis.

zimbot 1 year, 2 months ago

:-) And no matter what you do, you just can't get him to articulate what he later said he thought he had said (and intended to say), which was "That's one small step for a man; one giant leap for mankind". The "uh", if present, was too slurred (too quickly) into the "fur" (furruh) to hear. Frankly, the "for" is so short in duration that I think he just messed up, and didn't include the "a" at all.

BTW: I figured this would be discussed on the official site, and went to look for it (after writing the above). Your description's link is not currently working for me from this freesound page. I tried a quick google search to find the same info and came up with the exact same link: http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/a11.step.html and from there, it worked for me, despite the fact that the link here is identical and still does not work for me -- I don't understand what could cause that. That is really strange.

Anyway, the commentary within it states the same conclusion:

[At the time of the mission, the world heard Neil say "That's one small step for man; one giant leap for mankind". As Andrew Chaikin details in A Man on the Moon, after the mission, Neil said that he had intended to say 'one small step for a man' and believed that he had done so. However, he also agreed that the 'a' didn't seem to be audible in the recordings. The important point is that the world had no problem understanding his meaning. However, over the decades, people interested in details of the mission - including your editor - have listened repeatedly to the recordings, without hearing any convincing evidence of the 'a'. In 2006, with a great deal of attendant media attention, journalist/ entrepreneur Peter Shann Ford claimed to have located the 'a' in the waveform of Neil's transmission. Subsequently, more rigorous analyses of the transmission were undertaken by people with professional experience with audio waveforms and, most importantly, audio spectrograms. None of these analyses support Ford's conclusion. The transcription used above honors Neil's intent.]

I guess there is no way to clean up the distortion on "kind" at the end.

freemaster2 1 year, 2 months ago

Comments would be nice

On sound: meow9.wav
    rpgl88 1 year, 3 months ago

Intriguing sound. Thank you for this.

On sound: Time travel