Comments for sounds by paulnorthyorks

19 comments

jane90 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Just what I was looking for. Thanks!

On sound: Gunshot
    zybil 5 months ago

heya thanks!

EvylAnime 8 months, 2 weeks ago

This track seriously scared the crap out of me
    too bad i cant use it in my vid
    But great job

davejonmejuto 11 months, 3 weeks ago

!

taylortray 11 months, 4 weeks ago

well done.

DJmastah 1 year ago

I am to be using this sound in a package to be downloaded for free on mediafire.

Basically i put together giant packs using sounds both found on the internet and created by me and put them on the internet... then musical producers may then find it easier to produce music.

AndreOnate 1 year, 3 months ago

Very clean. Great sound.

InvaderX 1 year, 7 months ago

Nice!

On sound: Teleport
    Zenoni 1 year, 8 months ago

PS: my typing sucks, and my eyes are fried... scuse the typos..

Zenoni 1 year, 8 months ago

Interesting... a word to who created the sound. If you do have the opportunity to present your work to a film producer or director, don't talk about the science until your're hired. Unless I'm wrong, and you are working on major productions, Id keep it to saying you have created unique sounds/ tones/ effects, for whatever, but stay away from the tech stuff, unless asked. I don't specifically remember if it were 'King Kong,' or 'Jurrasic Park, or 'Ghost and the Darkness, (doesn't matter, (pinciple is same). Who did the fx,or whoever is responsible to execute the director's visin, often. most often experienments with many types of sound to execute the vision. One of the films mentioned, composited a lions growl, a racing engine,a dogs growl, or whatever to acheive it's end. Such is how many arrive at what they do. No rules. Science aside, the only thing which is cared about, is the final result. How you get there, is however you do. I have seen high end digital sound companies come and go, and the guys who gets the deal, may just use a handheld recorder, and knows hoew to mix eq/fs well. I can take a cheap electric guitar, run it thrugh a $200 Boss or Roland fx box, get sounds, which blow people away. I am not being negatie, or difficult. I am speaking from a lot of years of being there. What is really important, is not the science, but WHAT IS APPROPRIATE FOR THE SCENE. Regardign your sound, nice, very seventies, 'Dark Shadows.' Generally, fx or music to foreshadow in heavy drama, or accompaning an event, ,' is done in the lower register. You sound is more directed to 'tension,' stress. Unless, it's low budget, human reaction is going to be sounding a bit more organic. Just a thougt to consider. I probably would not have said anything, but when I saw the comment re the movie application, it drew me in.

Fiercedad 1 year, 9 months ago

You are a god damn audio scientist. This completely surpassed my expectations when I went looking for any solid descending sound effect. Thank you.

commandx 1 year, 10 months ago

Wow!

On sound: Sonar Dual Ping
    dalek10101 2 years, 1 month ago

Cool I'm using it in an entry to a film festival and giving you credit

lechuga 2 years, 3 months ago

nice one!

On sound: Sonar Dual Ping
    IchabodTodd 2 years, 10 months ago

Awesome sound. I used this in a song and video and gave you credit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN6hB9dbRVg Thanks for uploading!

thisvanessahsiao 2 years, 10 months ago

omg..... this is really good!!!

miticococo 3 years, 1 month ago

thanks!

forhalanidhogg 3 years, 8 months ago

Thank you for uploading this! ^_^ We will be using this for our school project.

lillibelle92 4 years, 3 months ago

Just fyi, the technical spelling is with a Bb, not A#. Otherwise you have built an augmented sixth chord (which has some interesting uses on it's own). Cool to see some JI though =)

On sound: C Dominant Seventh