Comments for sounds by FlyinEye

10 comments

Allen1989 2 months, 1 week ago

nice one!

FlyinEye 7 months, 1 week ago

@monsieurpooh - I do not live in New York. I captured this from a streaming scanner site. The bit rate is what it was streaming at. I'm not sure what the point of recording it at a high rate than the source is. Besides making the audio file much larger. I think for most purposes this is fine.

monsieurpooh 7 months, 2 weeks ago

And just to add to my previous comment it IS very obvious to tell the difference between "old radio" degredation and mp3 degredation. The former just sounds OLD; the latter sounds "underwater". It's very distinctive and can quickly turn something pro into something unprofessional.

monsieurpooh 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Okay this is an excellent recording so why the hell would you butcher it by turning it into a 69 kb/s mp3. Seriously. Talk about destroying what could have been a gem. I heard very obvious sound artifacts that are not part of "old radio degredation" and literally made it sound like Youtube. I looked up the mp3 bitrate -- 69 kb/s no wonder. If you want to hear something that sounds like police chatter coming from a 240p YOUTUBE VIDEO, download this sound; otherwise I cannot recommend it. Excellent recording, terrible execution.

counter5 7 months, 3 weeks ago

Good for an in-game radio station, which I often do

somepeeps 1 year ago

pretty cool

FlyinEye 1 year, 1 month ago

Thanks for the feedback. I spent a bit of time working on this. I wasn't sure if it was worth the time spent editing it. Now I am happy to see it has been downloaded quite a bit. That makes it worth it. I really like reading comments and even better would be if I could get a link to what you used it in. I love to see and listen to other's works. You can direct message me the link too.

RightBeatRadio 1 year, 2 months ago