Comments for sounds by FlyinEye

12 comments

FlyinEye 3 months ago

Thanks @burntheship. This took a long time to edit. It was a labor of Love. Just thought it would be nice to share with people who might have a use for something like this even though the audio isn't CD quality. I mean it is free after all. Glad to hear someone appreciated it.

burntheship 3 months, 2 weeks ago

Awesome. Great job. Thanks.

Allen1989 6 months, 3 weeks ago

nice one!

FlyinEye 11 months, 3 weeks ago

@monsieurpooh - I do not live in New York. I captured this from a streaming scanner site. The bit rate is what it was streaming at. I'm not sure what the point of recording it at a high rate than the source is. Besides making the audio file much larger. I think for most purposes this is fine.

monsieurpooh 12 months ago

And just to add to my previous comment it IS very obvious to tell the difference between "old radio" degredation and mp3 degredation. The former just sounds OLD; the latter sounds "underwater". It's very distinctive and can quickly turn something pro into something unprofessional.

monsieurpooh 12 months ago

Okay this is an excellent recording so why the hell would you butcher it by turning it into a 69 kb/s mp3. Seriously. Talk about destroying what could have been a gem. I heard very obvious sound artifacts that are not part of "old radio degredation" and literally made it sound like Youtube. I looked up the mp3 bitrate -- 69 kb/s no wonder. If you want to hear something that sounds like police chatter coming from a 240p YOUTUBE VIDEO, download this sound; otherwise I cannot recommend it. Excellent recording, terrible execution.

counter5 1 year ago

Good for an in-game radio station, which I often do

somepeeps 1 year, 5 months ago

pretty cool

FlyinEye 1 year, 5 months ago

Thanks for the feedback. I spent a bit of time working on this. I wasn't sure if it was worth the time spent editing it. Now I am happy to see it has been downloaded quite a bit. That makes it worth it. I really like reading comments and even better would be if I could get a link to what you used it in. I love to see and listen to other's works. You can direct message me the link too.

RightBeatRadio 1 year, 7 months ago