Forums

11 posts

1 sound
    5 posts
    remove noise

Hi,

I was hoping I could attached a tiny wma file in order to ask if the present noise mixed with the voice is Hiss noise. I need to remove the noise and i do not what kind of noise is this. It's not a constant noise cause it happens only during dictation.

Regards,
    pavlos

21 sounds
    88 posts

Hmm, maybe it's some strange 8bit quantization noise? (The Noise that occurs, when you record something in 8bit and make it louder (or listen to it in high volumes) :? )

As far as i know, you can't remove that type of noise, i'm sorry.

Soundfull Greetings,
    .Ingo.

Music is the Language, that Everyone understands d^_^b
    4677 sounds
    376 posts

Find an old copy of Cool Edit 96, (google it) and use the noise reduction feature. Highlight the noisy part, build the noise profile and then remove that from the whole sound.

1 sound
    5 posts

I use adobe audition 3, however, do not know what kind of noise is this in order to achieve the best removal. The noise occurs during the whole dictation only.

527 sounds
    651 posts

Hi, you could upload a file with the noise on it. That would enable freesound members to help you more easily. To upload click on "Contribute To Freesound" on the left of the Home page and follow the instructions.

It's not a constant noise cause it happens only during dictation.

Do you mean that it only happens when you speak?

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    1 sound
    5 posts

Ok guys, i did upload the file and it's named UnknownNoise.wav

Yes, the noise occurs only when the person speaks!

527 sounds
    651 posts

What equipment was used to record this ?

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    1 sound
    5 posts

the recording was done in a proffesional studio... however, this distortion (I found out it's a distortion and not a noise) should have occured while they copied the material form the master CD.

17 sounds
    31 posts

Follow NoiseCollector's advice

use the noise reduction feature. Highlight the noisy part, build the noise profile and then remove that from the whole sound.

But this sample is so bad that the amount of reduction you will have to apply means that the end product will probably have horrible artifacts afterwards.

527 sounds
    651 posts

When you have highlighted the noise right click within the highlight and select "Capture Noise Profile" then select all the file and use the noise reduction tool at Effects>Restoration>Noise Reduction.I agree with arytopia, this is a pretty bad file.

1 sound
    5 posts

Thank you very much Benboncan!

11 posts