4 posts

0 sounds
    1 post
    grass hopper?

Hi all,

I hope I'm posting in the right place...

We all have heard it very often in movies. I don't know why but, very often in horror movies...

There's this sound I heard in movies that is often use in, say John Carpenter's movies for example, that I would like to figure out WHAT it is. I once saw another movie I cannot remember what it was, but, in that movie, it represented "grass hoppers".

But, I have been watching some vids on Youtube with searches like "grass hopper sounds", and what I heard was not the sound I was hoping for.

I will put a link here, a Youtube vid of my favorite John Carpenter movie: The Thing. For those of you who wants to watch it, pay attention to the sound that will start at exactly 1m 25sec....I thought I would ask anyone on this incredible web site, if you would know what it is (hoping it's not simply a mixture of a lot of sounds or a "made up" sound)...but in case it is a very specific thing, I would like to know what it is smile

the link:

Thanx a lot in advance guys!

1303 sounds
    953 posts

I have two suggestions.

1: just made by klankbeeld-member Cees:

2: and an older one

To hear, you first have to listen
    13 sounds
    341 posts

Hi sbalbarbin,

Maybe searching for "chirrup", or "chirps".

It will probably find lots of things that are wrong, but it's the closest word I can think or to describe that sound. It's sort used for alien bugs in space.

Heaven in the sky is to die for, Heaven on earth is to live for.
    2016 sounds
    1822 posts

sbalbarbin wrote:

the link:

worms ? ...
    maybe reversed or with reverse reverb

or maybe something "alien" ...

4 posts